New to NCWW from the Sandhills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blind Pig

New User
Blind Pig
My name is Pete and I just joined what hopefully will be a forum of endless experience and good advice. I enjoy wood and metal working and at times mashing them together. Prefer to go green and reuse reclaimed materials when I can. Inching closer to retirement and looking for like minded individuals to prove to my wife I'm really not crazy when I spend hrs in the garage.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome, Pete. You've come to the right place. Of course, if you show your wife this site and she sees all that we conspire to do; she will either think you have found a whole lot of kindred folks or try to get you committed. Either way it's bound to be fun.

Touchwood

New User
Don
Welcome, Pete. You've come to the right place. Of course, if you show your wife this site and she sees all that we conspire to do; she will either think you have found a whole lot of kindred folks or try to get you committed. Either way it's bound to be fun.

You're right Raymond. He probably needs professional help like the rest of us:wsmile:

Welcome, Pete.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
You're right Raymond. He probably needs professional help like the rest of us:wsmile:

Welcome, Pete.

professional help? no way.:no: the voices in my head say I am just fine. and since there are more of them than me I'm going with the majority!:gar-Bi oh yeh, welcome pete!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Welcome Blind Pig! As you have probably already noticed, you have kindred spirits here. Jump into the sawdust pile with us, and have fun!:elvis:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
professional help? no way.:no: the voices in my head say I am just fine. and since there are more of them than me I'm going with the majority!:gar-Bi oh yeh, welcome pete!
Voices inside your head are OK... It's when you start having conversations with them that you may need you find some help.

Never do anything during the day that will keep you awake at night

frankc4113

Frank C
Corporate Member
Why not just face it for what it is-- you have a major problem that is shared by the rest of us woodworkers. The voices cry out to you, "buy more tools, I need more wood, more clamps, another good buy on something I'm not sure I can use". I'm also in Pinehurst so send me a PM and maybe we can get together for some wood therapy.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Pete, welcome to a great place to hang out, learn and share!:gar-Bi

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site Pete. Pay no attention to these lunatics. I'm the only sane one here. :wconfused: And by the way, your condition is not unusual. Around here is it known as 'wood guy disease'.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site Pete. Pay no attention to these lunatics. I'm the only sane one here. :wconfused: And by the way, your condition is not unusual. Around here is it known as 'wood guy disease'.

HEY!! Who you callin a looneytick? You dun went and got all my imaginary friends all riled up now. I prolly won't sleep fer a week.:gar-La;

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member

Always remember, Bill is in "management!":D

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Don't worry after a few weeks, your wife will look forward to you spending a bit of time in the shop. After my husband retired I needed him to do something not around me once in a while.:rolleyes:

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
WElcome to the best sawdust pilein the US Pete. Did I mention we love pictures. Hope to meet up with you at some point

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Opus.jpgThis is Opus From Bloom County. He lives in the shop. I talk to him & he talks to me. Just one voice. It's simpler that way.
Welcome to the site Pete.

Pop
:eusa_danc

redknife

New User
Chris
I like to paint the big picture for my wife. Really let her see the vision. It helps deflect focus from the purchases.
Wait... That didn't work at all. Didn't you mean to ask about a new jointer and planer? Maybe I can help with that.

Welcome to the forum.

Flute Maker

Mike
User
Welcome Pete,I am like minded and we are in same boat.I am also inching closer to retirement! I will be busy then.

Welcome There are a great bunch here.They help me a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors