New to me Powermatic 66

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbromley

New User
Bromley
Some exciting news, I've finally picked up a cabinet saw to replace my little Dewalt contractors saw. I had been considering a Grizzly for a while, but when I found this deal on Craigslist I couldn't pass it up. It was a little more than I had intended on spending, but it included the Incra miter gauge, a Freud dado stack, a bench dog feather board, a Forrest II blade, and the zero clearance insert. The saw is in like new shape and I just about have it all dialed in. I need to get some shim tape to get the left cast iron wing level with the table. Other than that I need to run some 220V power so I can actually turn it on and use it. Unfortunately it will most likely not happen until I finish the crib, but I'm super excited to add it to my collection!

IMG_20180311_133350.jpg

-Bromley​

gmakra

New User
George
That is completely awesome.
You will love the Forest blade I have five of them my self along with the dado set.
Some food for thought Shard Guard makes a nice blade guard.
I have the 2 inch version and its very nice, as a side note you want the dust collection hose to dangle straight down.
Otherwise it may pull the assembly to one side and with that saw you might feel it as you push through the cut.
Another thing is maybe get a align kit to check the blade to the miter slots and the fence.
If you want I can send you the Forest alignment pdf just PM me.
You should find the saw will be a pleasure to work with.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am not sure if the kid would be forced to live in the bottom drawer of the dresser while I got that 200 hooked up....:wwink:

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver
Hank, My sides hurting from laughing. I was thinking there’s a 220 appliance somewhere in the house. Isn’t that the reason for extension cords?

Bromley, Careful, Powermatic tools can be addicting.

mbromley

New User
Bromley
Thank you all! I would definitely like to outfit it with a blade guard and a splitter. The dryer is on the other side of the wall...

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you all! I would definitely like to outfit it with a blade guard and a splitter. The dryer is on the other side of the wall...

No honey - that hole REALLY is necessary - if I am in the shop and the dryer is running then I can hear it! The cord, ah, um that carries vibrations - I call it an enhanced indicator!:rolleyes:

ntboardman

New User
Nick
Some exciting news, I've finally picked up a cabinet saw to replace my little Dewalt contractors saw. I had been considering a Grizzly for a while, but when I found this deal on Craigslist I couldn't pass it up. It was a little more than I had intended on spending, but it included the Incra miter gauge, a Freud dado stack, a bench dog feather board, a Forrest II blade, and the zero clearance insert. The saw is in like new shape and I just about have it all dialed in. I need to get some shim tape to get the left cast iron wing level with the table. Other than that I need to run some 220V power so I can actually turn it on and use it. Unfortunately it will most likely not happen until I finish the crib, but I'm super excited to add it to my collection!

IMG_20180311_133350.jpg

-Bromley​
That looks awesome! I've got a similar one that I'm selling since my sawstop acquisition. Let me know if you know anyone looking for one haha ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS