New Sell feature test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
If it is related to wwing things only I would suggest labeling it as such. Also if only members can post ads - that needs to be specified in the heading of the "box". Also, is offering a class an ad?

I don't really like it showing up on the home page after all the discussion that we don't accept ads. I would rather see a thread pointing folks to the corect listing in a forum. It also clutters up the home page. Just my $.02 worth
Every post in the Buy and sell forum was an ad. I am trying to better organize them so that people can get better response and so that the forums themselves are less cluttered. Does this software do that? I don't know, that is what I am trying to find out:lol:

I put the 12 most recent ads on the home page, the forum home page and the newposts page to hopefully solve another problem. Most people use the Home Page "Recent Threads" and/or the new posts page to find out about new posts. So that was where they also found about new items for sale. But if the for sale items are in this new software, they would no longer show up that way. So the Recents Ads block is an attempt to solve that issue.:eusa_thin

bman

New User
barry
being a IT guy and all I'm feeling pretty stupid right now how to you get to the area to place a for sale add :oops::oops::oops::BangHead::BangHead:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
being a IT guy and all I'm feeling pretty stupid right now how to you get to the area to place a for sale add :oops::oops::oops::BangHead::BangHead:

Click on For Sale in the upper blue menu and that will take you to the page. Then in the upper right hand corner is Place an Ad, and that is where you will go to place an Ad.
Also if you click on the picture ad in the right hand column it will take you to the details of the ad.
I think that this is still all in the testing phases so somethings might not work as they should. I encountered problems trying to place an ad last night. It could have been operator error...that's often my problem :eusa_doh:

It seems to be functioning properly today!!!!

Dave:)

bman

New User
barry
thanks dave
Now i feel really dumb :slap: can't see the forest for all the trees :eusa_doh:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
thanks dave
Now i feel really dumb :slap: can't see the forest for all the trees :eusa_doh:
You shouldn't. While PhotoPosr generally produce reasonably good software (features and robustness), they are really lacking in the default "user friendly" department. Their position is that it is up to website to modify it.:BangHead: Whereas vbulletin is very useable out of the "box".:eusa_danc

I'm in the position that I only want to do the minimum mods on Photo Classifieds until we have a better idea if we are actually going to use it long term. :eusa_thin

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
No More Fake Ads.

Now it is time to see if it works for real. So if you have anything to sell, please use this new stuff instead of the forums.

Thanks

sapwood

New User
Roger
I see several ads, but no pics. Are there supposed to be pics with these ads?

Mike, one has to upload pix . . . same way you do for Photo Gallery. So, if ad does not have a pix it is because none was uploaded. When I did a fake ad yesterday, there was not a "link" feature available to link a photo in gallery. Since this is still in the test mode, I'm not sure whether Steve will or can implement that.

HTH,
Roger

MikeH

New User
Mike
Mike, one has to upload pix . . . same way you do for Photo Gallery. So, if ad does not have a pix it is because none was uploaded. When I did a fake ad yesterday, there was not a "link" feature available to link a photo in gallery. Since this is still in the test mode, I'm not sure whether Steve will or can implement that.

HTH,
Roger

I understand. I would almost require a photo. I personally skip over most ads of any form without a picture.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I see several ads, but no pics. Are there supposed to be pics with these ads?
What Roger said, but let me add that you can have multiple ads per add. Only one will show up in the bar, but all the pictures will in the actual ad.

Linking pictures?????? Have to talk to photopost

Dusty Sawyer

New User
David
Steve,

I like the concept and from what I understand this has has been out there a long time as a request from the user community as well. I agree that having the button right on the top menu is a better way to take users right to the For Sale area. I'm not too sure about the left hand panel, the old message board layout worked pretty good for me- except that there were no thumbnails to see what was being sold.

Anyway, good idea and I know you are working hard to make this the best.

Thanks,

-david

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I guess the "hot deals" will have to go in member's announcements now. This was one of the best features to me of old forum. My two cents worth, adjusted for inflation. Bruce

J

jeff...

How many ads can a guy have? I don't want to hog up the display area most I've seen displayed was 4.

Thanks

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
How many ads can a guy have? I don't want to hog up the display area most I've seen displayed was 4.

Thanks
As many as you want:eusa_danc The display area will show the 12 most recent. Don't worry about hogging up the area. The system can handle 10s of thousands of ads if we want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors