New Sell feature test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
A while ago I mentioned some new software that we would be installing for selling instead of using the forums. Well a test has been installed and we would like you to use it for all your new offers to sell.

[STRIKE]There is only one ad in it, but it is fake[/STRIKE]. Please DO NOT add any more fake ads, just real ones. We need to see how this works in real situations.

If this test works well, we will switch to it for almost all our buy and sell needs and the forums that used to support that will disappear.

Please give as much feedback in this thread as you can and please do give critical feedback

Last edited:

newtonc

New User
jak
Does that mean all items for sale will be bid upon?So it's really an auction?
That's what it looked like to me.

No,wait.Now I got it...

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Does that mean all items for sale will be bid upon?So it's really an auction?
That's what it looked like to me.

No,wait.Now I got it...

Just to be clear. Yes, you can OPTIONALLY make a sale an auction. But if auctions create a hostile atmosphere, I will be forced to disable that capability.

Also, we are not eBay, so the auction is not as full featured as some might like, but I doubt that we would consider any major enhancements to that feature.

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Steve,

This feature looks really nice. Is there a "barter" option as mentioned in an earlier post?

Mike

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Like the idea of the new feature for selling ... will probably work out great! :eusa_danc

One piece of feedback ... I don't like the items on the left side :crybaby2: because it causes the entire page to shift (and be extremely wide). Might work better on the right, possibly beneath the User info. :eusa_thin

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
I guess to get a quicker test of the type of software, go ahead, if you want and add fake ads, just make sure you mark it clearly like I did that is fake. I will delete the fake ads as soon as we get a few real ones.

Fake ad posted! Pretty neat.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Steve, this may be a result of the Fake Ads testing, but when I bid on the Ryobi tablesaw I was told that I was outbid. The bidding history only shows 5 bids and mine being the highest. Is there a way to secretly bid?
Also I noticed that the new Fake Ads by Jeff and Gotojeremy don't give you the option to bid on the item.
I want to see how much I will go for...everything's for sale at the right price :lol::lol:

Interesting, when I bid $6,000 on the TS I was told that my bid was too low that is must be over $31 (my last bid), so I entered in $100, and was still outbid

Dave:)

Last edited:

sapwood

New User
Roger
I added another to see what would happen to the ad pictures on the left. My ad was No. 4 and apparently after 3 ads, a new row starts. As Jeremy mentioned, I was concerned about how much horizontal real estate was being taken up when viewing "New Posts", etc.

Roger

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
One piece of feedback ... I don't like the items on the left side :crybaby2: because it causes the entire page to shift (and be extremely wide). Might work better on the right, possibly beneath the User info. :eusa_thin
Take a look at it now. I messed up a parameter-

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Everyone, please note that if the seller hasn't uploaded a picture with to sell item, it doesn't show up on the bar at left.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Steve,

I marked the monkey as being sold (Woodguy thought it was a bandsaw monkey, and I didn't have the heart to tell him otherwise) ... :lol:

However, it's still listed on the homepage -- should it be? May make sense to have the sold items fall off the homepage.

My two cents ..

nelsone

New User
Ed
Is this to be limited to woodworking items? If not, I have a car and Panther PSL's I will add to this and get you a couple real ads!

Ed

J

jeff...

Steve quick question for the pictures is there a way to use pictures you have already uploaded to photo album or must you upload a picture to the new for sale area?

Thanks

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Jeff, I would think that you should be able to use pictures already in your albums, like you did when you offered me up for sale :roll:. I wanted to find out for sure, but there is something not going right with the ad creation process..I couldn't get past step 2 :BangHead:

Dave:)

cskipper

Cathy
Is this to be limited to woodworking items? If not, I have a car and Panther PSL's I will add to this and get you a couple real ads!

Ed

If it is related to wwing things only I would suggest labeling it as such. Also if only members can post ads - that needs to be specified in the heading of the "box". Also, is offering a class an ad?

I don't really like it showing up on the home page after all the discussion that we don't accept ads. I would rather see a thread pointing folks to the corect listing in a forum. It also clutters up the home page. Just my $.02 worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors