New Room Diary - Updated 10 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

crokett

New User
David
Last week I started the room addition under the carport. I had a mason do the brick across the front, I will do everything else.

This is what I started with last week:
before.jpg

This is after the framing was started. I have the floor completely framed out, will finish the insulation, electrical and mechanical rough-in Tuesday. I will get everything inspected before I put the sheathing down.

kneewallfront.jpg

carportside.jpg

T

toolferone

Re: New Room Diary

You are off to a great start. Keep us posted.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User

Keeping a diary on an addition is pretty cool. I did one for a new construction home I built in CT. Everyday I added to it for nine months until we moved in. It's nice to look back at a date and see what I was doing then.

Red

Steve W

New User
Steve

I've done the same thing with two past kitchen projects and I agree, it's a nice way to look back and marvel at how much you've done!

:kermit: Steve

crokett

New User
David
Re: New Room Diary - Updated 23 February

Ready for inspection. Floor is framed, what electrical rough-in needs it is done. Insulation is done. Mechanical is done. Framing is 2x10s 16" OC. Total length is 18'. There is a support wall at 9' and the joists are blocked. I was bouncing on one and there was absolutely no movement. :gar-Bi

floorframed1.jpg

floorframedside.jpg

Stick&String

New User
Scott

Its gunna' be hard to get your car in there now!?! Just kiddin'

The room looks good so far. What is it going to be? Bed Room... Shop.

crokett

New User
David

Floor is in, started framing walls. Should get the rest of the framing done and get some of the sheathing on this weekend.

closetwallframed.jpg

Not a shop, this will be just a room. My wife's treadmill, the piano, etc will go here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS