New project...Bubinga Grand Auditorium acoustic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
attachment.php

attachment.php

Way more difficult to work than I expected.....but it bent fairly easily. It took a while to get it bent but partially because ( I think) I left the sides a little thick to allow for extra sanding and scraping. I left them about .110.

I thought it would be more difficult to bend ...was expecting some facets but that didn't seem to be a problem.

Attachments

• 20170514_170205.jpg
    20170514_170205.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 262
  • 20170514_181021.jpg
    20170514_181021.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 234

marinosr

Richard
Corporate Member
Can't wait to see how this turns out. The wood looks fantastic and your lutherie is always inspiring.

sawman101

New User
Bruce Swanson
About the only thing I can pick is my nose. But I sure do love looking at the pictures of your beautiful work Chris! Keep them coming!:eusa_danc

JohnW

New User
John
Had a friend make a triple 0 with bubinga sides and back. Beautiful guitar. Mark Fujanic has many choices of inlay banding with holly/paduk and holly/bloodwood and holly/sapele that might make great perfling for your GA.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
Had a friend make a triple 0 with bubinga sides and back. Beautiful guitar. Mark Fujanic has many choices of inlay banding with holly/paduk and holly/bloodwood and holly/sapele that might make great perfling for your GA.

I've got some bloodwood and I'm thinking about using that for the fretboard, bridge and binding. Thanks for the info..I'll check out his wares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS