New Pittsboro Gal here. Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawRiver

New User
Phyllis
Hello everyone. I'm Phyllis and new to woodworking. I'm semi-retired and live in Pittsboro. I've decided to finally live my dream, of making beautiful things out of wood. I've converted one of my out-buildings into a wood shop (a simple one). It has the basics so far with a table saw, a cool workbench that I found at the Habitat Restore (with an old 10" Craftsman wood vise on it), a band saw (cheap/little one), a porter cable sander, and a wide assortment of other small power tools and hand tools. I am about to make my first jig, which will be a table saw sled. I recently apprenticed with an ole timer woodworker and we built a rustic, whimsical chair. He gave me lots of tips and I got to use all of the equipment in his shop, with the exception of his lathe. He did however offer me to come use it anytime. So, turning is also on my list. Well, there you have it, that's my short story. Thanks for having me and I'm looking forward to the group. Thanks.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Hello Phyllis and welcome to the site! I believe you'll find this one of the friendliest woodworking sites out there. This brain trust has something for everyone. Pull up a stump, knock the sawdust off, and make yourself at home. Jump in when you can and enjoy~

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
welcome Phyllis! Sounds like you got enough of a taste of sawdust to catch the fever.... Glad you found our little site. There's a great wealth of knowledge here and no questions go unanswered. Heck, you'll probably even get some right answers! I'm just up the way in Chapel Hill, so if you ever get up this way and you'd like to stop in, give me a lead time notice and I'll try to plan for it.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I would love to see photos of the chair, that is one thing on my short list of projects to attempt.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum Phyllis, please feel free to ask questions, start discussions and share your projects.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, Phyllis. You have come the right website. You also live in mecca of woodworking in NC by living in Pittsboro. You should fully immerse yourself in checking out The Woorwright's School and Ed's Tool Store right above it.

Mrfixit71

Board of Directors, Treasurer
Rich
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Phyllis. I'm about half way between Pittsboro and Chapel Hill, am retired, and spend a lot of time in my workshop. You're welcome to come visit.

MichaelSC

New User
Michael
Welcome to the group. I hope you enjoy it here. Lots of great information, Ideas, and advice to be had.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the wood pile Phyllis. We look forward to seeing you share your work, and if you have any questions there are plenty of folks here that will lend advise.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Phillis!
We are glad you found us. We love pictures and as Mike said I would love to see that chair as well.

Here is a link to instructions on how to post pictures;

https://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/content.php?r=42-How-to-add-a-picture-to-your-post

I tell everyone that you get out of NCWW what you put in (and then some!) it is all about the interaction - ask questions, post answers if you have them and as you willl see, it is a generous bunch - there is always a helping hand when you need it!

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome to our sawdust pile Phyliss. Please share some pics...we love em

Andy E.

New User
Andy
Welcome to the fun Phyllis, lots of great and helpful folks on this site. Look forward to your post's and builds !

HawRiver

New User
Phyllis
Hi ya Mike, I'll get a picture of it in the next couple of days after this wet weather passes. It's in my shop waiting to be final sanded and finished. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS