NEW - Outreach Train-The-Trainer session

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
With each call for Outreach volunteers, a number of people have offered to help but weren't able to attend one of the first two TTT sessions. So we're going to hold another TTT session in a location more convenient to those from the central and western part of our area: Mooresville, NC. Rick DiNardo from The Woodworking Source has offered to let us use his facilities for not only a TTT session, but also a Wounded Warrior session.

When: Saturday, May 4, from 10:00 am til mid-afternoon.

Where: The Woodworking Source, 184 Azalea Road, Mooresville, NC 28115

If you're not familiar w/ Mooresville, it's along I-77 between Charlotte and Statesville. Easy to get to. :)

The Wounded Warrior session I mentioned above will be held the following week (Saturday, May 11), also at The Woodworking Source. So come to the TTT session on the 4th, and get qualified to participate in the WW session on the 11th.

See you there! :icon_thum

Bill

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
BUMP!

So far this thread has had 45 views, but no one has signed up to attend. Hmmm!

I know we had some volunteers from the Charlotte / Upstate SC / Western NC area who couldn't make the first two sessions in Liberty. Does this mean no one else is interested in participating in the Outreach Program? :dontknow: Let me know, folks. If no interest in the next week or so, we can cancel this session.

Bill

Acelectric

Wayne
Corporate Member
I would be interested in attending both the training session and the outreach session. I live just a few miles from there.

Steve Martin

New User
Steve Martin
Bill, I want to attend both the training and the actual workshop. However, I am already scheduled for May 4 and May 11. Maybe the next go-round. Have good sessions.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
BUMP! ! ! ! !

So far we have 3 members signed up for this session. From the original list, I can count 8 more who volunteered for Outreach, but haven't attended a TTT session, and aren't signed up for this one. Come on folks, where are you? :icon_scra

Here's a good reason to get trained now. The week after this sesssion, May 11, we're holding a session for the Wounded Warriors at The Woodworking Source in Mooresville. The response from the Warriors in this part of the state has been excellent, and it looks like we'll need to do another session in June, hopefully in the same location. So we need volunteers! How about it? Can you :help:?

Bill

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Bill, I talked this over with my husband and we decided that if I am needed at a session, I will attend. It doesn't matter where it is. I might need to ride with you so I don't get lost LOL! But I am able to attend, no matter where or when.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bill,

I don't guess I need to attend the TTT session as I've done 2 already, but I can volunteer for the actual training session despite the distance. Don't mind driving a little if you need me.

- Ken.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Berta and Ken, thanks for offering to help at this session. I could certainly use at least one, or both of you to help. Let's talk this Saturday while you're here.

Bill

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Bill,
I will be at both sessions and volunteer for whatever is needed. I live 1/2 mile from Rick's so I will have no available excuse for not being there. The fact that it is for Wounded Warrior's makes it a must do for me. See you there.
Greg

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Bill,
I will be at both sessions and volunteer for whatever is needed. I live 1/2 mile from Rick's so I will have no available excuse for not being there. The fact that it is for Wounded Warrior's makes it a must do for me. See you there.
Greg

Glad to have you, Greg, and thanks for volunteering. I'll put you down for the May 4 and May 11 sessions.

Thanks again. :eusa_clap

Bill

bwat

New User
Bill
Thanks for your efforts Bill! As we discussed via PM last week, I'll be there on the 4th. :icon_thum

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Last BUMP! We still have room for more new volunteers if you would like to participate in future Outreach sessions. Just let us know if you'd like to come.

jtdums

New User
Jim
Bill,
As discussed via PM I'll be out of town this weekend (4th), but I'm planning on being there on the 11th.
-Jim D.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I'm proud to say we now have 7 more Outreach volunteers ready to go. The session in Mooresville today went great, and only took about 3 1/2 hours. Thanks to all 7 of you for volunteering and making it out today. :eusa_danc

Also thanks to KenofCary and Berta who drove a long way to help w/ today's training session. :icon_thum

And a special thanks to Rick who not only provided a place for us to work, but also treated us to lunch. THANK YOU RICK!!!!! :eusa_clap

Bill

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Excellent. Thanks everybody. I am truly grateful for all you are doing to move this program forward. phil

Acelectric

Wayne
Corporate Member
It was fun. Good meeting all of you. My only complaint is I spent a couple hundred bucks before I could get away from there. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors