Status
Not open for further replies.

eg54string

New User
Eric
Hi.
I am a hobbyist woodworker and have tried to devote more time to it since beginning to concentrate on hand tool use.
I refurbish and sharpen hand saws, sometimes hand planes, and sell them on ebay.
I found this site by searching for information on the upcoming WIA event in WS, and look forward to contributing and gleaning info from it.
Eric.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Eric. Glad you found us. It looks like there will be quite a few of us at WIA. I look forward to meeting you there, if not before.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to one of the friendliest WW sites on the web. Ask questions, give advice when you have it and as somebody mentioned we love pics of both Works In Progress and Finished Projects. Sometimes the journey is more interesting than the destination.

We are all very excited about WIA coming to the area and plan on having a significant presence there.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Welcome to our virtual sawdust pile Eric, glad to have you with us. There are plenty of good folks here, so please do not be shy, feel free to join in a conversation or ask any question.

eg54string

New User
Eric
Thanks for all the replies. I am looking forward to the WIA. I took some pictures today. Some persimmon mallets I am starting on. I'll try and post a few pictures.

malletsandKeenKuttersawetch011_zps3780397b.jpg
It is past time for a new froe handle.

malletsandKeenKuttersawetch013_zps576c8887.jpg

malletsandKeenKuttersawetch014_zps737669a2.jpg
I'll probably use the same wood for the handles. I burnt all my hickory this winter.
Eric.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
NICE Eric,
It look like there is some pretty grain hidden in that blank!

eg54string

New User
Eric
I forgot to mention. If anyone is venturing near the one caution light in Woodleaf, NC (I'm only 5 miles away), and would like a (free) chunk of this persimmon, drop me a note.

Eric.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I forgot to mention. If anyone is venturing near the one caution light in Woodleaf, NC (I'm only 5 miles away), and would like a (free) chunk of this persimmon, drop me a note.

Eric.

Eric,
I hope to be up that way in the next couple of weeks - I will give you a "Heads-up" if you still have a piece? Is there anything you would like in trade? I have some walnut and maple (and maybe elm) squares (thinking handles or ????)

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
welcome to the dust pile Eric....great folks here and we love pics....:gar-La;

eg54string

New User
Eric
I have a good bit of the persimmon, rescued from the wood stove and gifted to me in return for a mallet.
No need for a trade. Just let me know.
Eric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS