Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebecca Gholson

New User
Rebecca
Hello. My name is Rebecca Gholson and my husband Tom opened up Asheville Hardware in Aug 07. It's 3,000 sq ft of woodworking tools, products & accessories, plus exotic wood and local hardwoods. I know we have been listed as a retailer for a while (thanks again, McRabbet!).

I'm joining now to let everyone know about our newest venture. My husband is not happy unless he's renovating something, so as soon as he launched the store he moved on to renovate the basement to make a school. The renovation is almost done, and I'm on my way to scheduling a full complement of classes. I've been interviewing people who have experience teaching woodworking & have chosen a great team. The question is, what will Tom sink his teeth into next?

I'm not a woodworker, but I was a grantwriter & grant administrator. Starting up a school is similar as all the grants I worked on were for the purpose of educating groups of adults.

Some of the classes are on our website, www.ashevillehardware.com. More are in the works, like Learn to Turn, Learn to Carve, Advanced Carving, Cabinet-Making, French Polish, Intarsia and Furniture Repair.

We're advised not to be shy on here ... we're not shy in person! Come on in ...we're friendly folks. Our salespeople love woodworking & meeting woodworkers.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Rebecca,

WELCOME to the site...I've visited Asheville Hardware a few times and have been impressed with your array of goodies for the woodworker.

Keep up the effort for this outlet is sorely needed. I much prefer to do business with "Brick & Mortar" dealers than the WWW.

Good luck and post some pics.

Dan C.

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Welcome Rebecca... wonder if I can talk the wife into letting me take a class when we finally take a trip out to see the Biltmore and the rest of the cool stuff out that way. The website looks great and from what I hear on this site, the store is too.

Will

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Rebecca,

Welcome. How far are you guys from Western Carolina U? My granddaughter goes there... your place sounds like a really good side trip.

Ray

M

McRabbet

Rebecca,

We are happy to see you join the NC Woodworkers.net forum. I've already sent your email message to me out to members of the Western NC Woodworkers Association concerning your Open House on April 5th -- I am sure we will be participating and will encourage our members to come meet and greet fellow woodworkers. We look forward to the event!

PurpleThumb

New User
Jerry
I'm actually from Cullowhee so I know that road well! It is exactly one hour away.

that's one hour before you get to WCU from Raleigh. We're on your path to and from visiting your daughter. Great resource for us in WNC. Saves us an hour plus drive to Greenville, SC (Woodworkers); Johnson City, Tenn. (Woodworkers); or Hickory (Klingspor)

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome Rebecca!

The next time I'm in Asheville I will defnitely stop by and say hello (and probably stand there and drool for a while looking at all of the ww goodies). :lol:

Trent

jsjordan

New User
Joel Jordan
Welcome Rebecca! :eusa_clap

LOML and I are planning a trip to Asheville later this year and we will be sure to stop by the store!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS