New Member from Sunny California

Status
Not open for further replies.

photog

New User
Dan
I appreciate Woodworking-Galleries southern hospitality in inviting a limited group of its members who have photos on Steve Coles’ closing site to transfer their albums to NCWoodworker.

Until today I had never visited here. This place seems real nice and I hope to benefit from the knowledge base here as well as add benefit to others in any way I can. As my handle might imply, I’m a photographer with the State of California, shooting stills and video for public service announcements, state publications, project promotions and various other in-house needs. I work for the state’s tax agency, a huge place with 6000 employees, so I’m kept busy doing all kinds of cool photo and video related work.

I’ve hung out at WoodNet for the past four years and am fairly well known there for making contributions with jigs and modifications to tools and of course the obligatory project “show and tell” with concentration on the photography (go figure). I have a two-car garage shop, however the cars have lived outside for years, so I guess that qualifies it as a dedicated shop.

That’s all for now…..Just wanted to say hi and I’ll try to post now and again.

dozer

Mike
Welcome to the group. I look forward to seeing some of your work on jigs and tool mods. I also wouldn't mind some pointers on taking pictures.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Dan, glad to have you here. I have admired your photographs on WN for a while. You can make a DP table look beautiful. And when you make a furniture piece, like those nesting tables, your pictures really show the beauty of them. Most of us make excuses for our picture...can't see the chatoyence in this pic, it's too dark to see the color, etc. I look forward to your advice on my photography skills.
Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Dan -- Glad you could join us and we'll all look forward to seeing your work. Enjoy the comraderie around here!

Rob

woodguy1975

New User
John
I appreciate Woodworking-Galleries southern hospitality in inviting a limited group of its members who have photos on Steve Coles’ closing site to transfer their albums to NCWoodworker.

Until today I had never visited here. This place seems real nice and I hope to benefit from the knowledge base here as well as add benefit to others in any way I can. As my handle might imply, I’m a photographer with the State of California, shooting stills and video for public service announcements, state publications, project promotions and various other in-house needs. I work for the state’s tax agency, a huge place with 6000 employees, so I’m kept busy doing all kinds of cool photo and video related work.

I’ve hung out at WoodNet for the past four years and am fairly well known there for making contributions with jigs and modifications to tools and of course the obligatory project “show and tell” with concentration on the photography (go figure). I have a two-car garage shop, however the cars have lived outside for years, so I guess that qualifies it as a dedicated shop.

That’s all for now…..Just wanted to say hi and I’ll try to post now and again.

Welcome dude. I'm an avid surfer of FredMiranda too. I beleive I've seen a few posts over there from ya. Good to have another photo geek on board. :)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself Dan.

We like pixs :icon_thum and tools :icon_thum and jigs :icon_thum

:eek:ccasion1 Cheers,
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors