New Kreg tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwat

New User
Bill
Kreg is releasing a new tool tomorrow but some online retailers have already posted the info.
http://www.thetoolstore.ca/view.asp?Kreg-Rip-Cut-Circular-Saw-Guide-KMA2675_13754

KMA2675-3.jpg

It is a new panel ripping tool. Just may solve a few wide panel cut issues and only $35.:tool: I will await the reviews.

Rob

New User
Rob
My opinion on those type of tools is that they're assuming the factory edge is square. Maybe it's just me, but I do better with a board as a guide and squareing it myself.

It is a new panel ripping tool. Just may solve a few wide panel cut issues and only $35.[/QUOTE]

well I solve my wide panel cuts with this..... but had I not done that making your own saw guide like Rob said would be better use of $35 of scrap instead
http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DWS520CK-TrackSaw-59-Inch-102-Inch

but I broke down 2 sheets of plywood with 10 degree angles on the edges and 10 degree angle cuts on the pieces and I do not regret spending the money to buy the right tool... one added benefit is the saw is much quieter then a regular circular saw and having the splitter behind the blade is really nice but yea it was a big investment and a home-aid guide would have worked also

manfre

New User
Manfre
I agree with Rob. You can't trust the factory edge. Also for about the same price, you can buy a sheet of 1/2" plywood and make yourself a few different length plywood cutting guides and get the bonus of a cleaner cut.

The tool would definitely be faster if you do a lot of repeated rips, but you still need to ensure a straight edge first.

Mike Camp

New User
Mike
My thoughts exactly, Rob. It will only work if you have a square edge to work off of which will suffice for breaking down most sheet goods. The other thing I think this may suffer from is it doesn't look like there is a lot of straight edge in front of the circular saw so it may be tough to get the saw initially square for the first few inches. But again at $35 it doesn't exactly break the bank like tools from that green company so many are fond of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors