New Kid in Town... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art

New User
Art
Hello to all.... New to NC Woodworker, but I have been in the Raeford/Fayetteville area since 1983. I have been working with wood, building furniture and carving since I was about 11. I will be retiring from the Army soon.... or is that I hope...lol.
I am a DeWalt Guy....lol. And I have a wonderful wife who shares my belief in buying a good quality tool at the best price you can. I am also starting to teach my kids how to work with wood.

Art

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome, I'm glad to have you here. Congrats on the upcoming retiring, there are many members here that can tell all about it. I think it is great that you share your skills and hobby with your kids, not only do they get to spend time with Dad but they are learning a great pastime.

Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome and congratulations Art. Hope you'll visit with us often and share you woodworking knowledge. And definitely post some pixs of your projects and shop. WE LOVE PIXS:mrgreen:

Sapwood

woodguy1975

New User
John
Another one ripe for the infecting. Hehehehehehehehehe!

Welcome to the forum Art. This is a great place to hang out.

See ya,

John

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome to the group! You'll find lots of friendly folks here. Feel free to post photos of your work in the gallery - we love to see other's work!

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Welcome! Are you expanding your horizons now that Dewalt / Black & Decker own Porter Cable / Delta? :lol:

clowman

Clay Lowman
Glad to have you Art. It seems we have several guys here from the military. I'd love to see some examples of your carving.

Art

New User
Art
Actually, I have alot of DeWalt that is "Genuine" DeWalt... pre-buyout....lol. But I also have Buffalo Tool Company (of Ohio... not the Chinese version) carving chisels, a very old cast iron Sears table saw, a Lasitter Joiner (cir. 1950) , DeKalb and Company wood lathe and alot of other old hand tools that still earn thier keep.... lol. Some have traveled with me others are still on the farm in Iowa.
I even did some production of desks, lockers, cabinets and office furniture in Kuwait and Iraq.... with the "Newer" :BangHead: DeWalt/B&D tools. Not fine furniture by any mean... lol.

And I may be the guy spreading the wood disease..... lol.:saw:

Art

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Art, howdy neighbor glad to have you here. I am over in Fayetteville myself and also nearing my retirement date.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS