New JDS Cyclone setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Have you seen the new JDS Cyclone setup? Looks pretty nice. Mobile, powerful, portable.

Their website says:

• Compact Cyclone design allows for a 55 gallon collection system while still standing only 86 inches tall!
  • The self cleaning 1 Micron Canister is equipped with its own motor.
  • New and Improved "Turbo Fan" impeller is larger, resulting in more Power!
  • 2300 Max CFM!!!
  • Quick connect drum lid lever makes removing the steel collection drum quick and easy!
  • The 3 HP Cyclone is now portable!!

Anyone have a JDS unit?

Cyclone-3HP-NEW.jpg

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
I spotted the new units in a recent ww'g mag and checked out the JDS site and then googled for pricing.

I believe the 3HP is around $1300-1400. and the 2HP unit is around $1100-1200.

I would be interested to see some reviews to see if they meet to marketing statements.

Dan C.

M

McRabbet

I can't conceive of why you'd want to roll your cyclone around! I'm also a little suspect of some of the "factoids" listed -- e.g., the 2300 cfm. And why would you need a separate motor for the canister?

With casters and a 3-way splitter on the inlet, it looks like they intend it to be a roll-around unit that you connect with flex to three machines --ugh! Sorry, but for highest efficiency and performance, a cyclone should be ducted with hard pipe and branches positioned near the machines using a minimum amount of flexible duct.

I do like the drum lid release they show, but suspect the separation efficiency is not very good with such a squat cyclone. I know, I'm a skeptic...

MIKE NOAH

New User
Mike
I am with Rob on this one. Not to knock JDS but, if the cyclone was truly efficient at seperation why would you need a motor to clean the filters. I am assuming that is what it is for. As far as the casters, how portable are you going to be when you have flex line drooping down from 7 ft not to mention the static losses you are going to have with that much flex. Just my opinion.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS