New Hutch for the Kitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
oooo's and ahhhh's are in order on that project. heirloom quality for sure. I also really like the finish. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Take your time and do it right. and post lots of pics for us to enjoy.

Chuck

Grgramps

New User
Roy Hatch
New Hutch is Completed

Yesterday I put the finishing touches on the hutch and all that's left is to move it into the kitchen. Thanks for all of your interest, so now it's just a matter of "what's next?"
Roy

As an aside, it finally dawned on me that by using the "white balance" feature of the camera I could get more natural colors under the fluorescent lights. Perhaps something for another thread?

Attachments

• KH 2.jpg
    KH 2.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 119
  • KH 3.jpg
    KH 3.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 123
M

McRabbet

Re: New Hutch is Completed

Roy, the new Hutch came out very, very nice! I like the added storage you provided behind the upper doors -- LOYL will really appreciate that feature. And I couldn't help but notice your new Avatar -- the white squirrels found in our area are truly unique, aren't they! We have several in our neighborhood and they've visited the bird feeders attached to our deck railings, too!

Rob

Grgramps

New User
Roy Hatch
Travis,
I would assume that if you had numerous arched panels to make, using templates would be worthwhile. Since I had only 4 of them to do and had never tried them before I wasn't willing to spend for templates. I merely drew an arc on the rail and cut it with the band saw and sanded. I used that to trace the same arc on the panel.
Not having a compass that would handle the larger radius, I used a length of scrap approx 12" long. I drilled a hole for a pencil and then drilled a series of holes for a nail (pivot point) until I got the radius the I needed. Templates would probably be the quicker way to do this, but I find it a challenge to improvise.
We moved it into the house yesterday and then I took the old hutch to Habitat in Hendersonville.
Roy

cskipper

Cathy
That is a beautiful piece of furniture. I especially love the extra storage in the upper drawers. Great job!

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Roy, your new hutch turned out great.:icon_thum I like the dovetailed sides on your upper unit and the extra storage you placed behind those doors. That will make that space much more useful.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS