New guy from Denton.

Zulaan

New User
Matt
Hello all!

My name is Matt, I’m a machinist / mechanic by trade, but as I keep doing home improvement work I’m getting more attached to the wood side rather than the metal. I inherited an older Craftsman bandsaw, scroll saw and a Shopsmith, so that’s what I’m learning on for the time being. Looking forward to learning more from you all, and eventually getting into turning. Thanks for having me!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Matt - we are glad you found NCWW.
It can be an addictive hobby!
We LOVE pictures, so don't be shy to post what you are working on - sometimes it is fun to post and later look back to see how far you progress and techniques you learn.

When you are ready we do have what we call the "Goodwill Lathe" it allows you to try out lathe work without commiting! But fair warning, most of the shops it has found its way into later have a permanent one in its place!

Zulaan

New User
Matt
Here you go! I had the good fortune to have some help and better tools for this one, but that’s it so far, trying to figure out some shaker doors for the wife in the kitchen now that the table is finished.

Attachments

• 2C50EAE4-A731-4C90-8052-70FB1C02AADD.jpeg
    2C50EAE4-A731-4C90-8052-70FB1C02AADD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 151
  • D8FF42BD-05B2-432E-8F34-C861B172FF0C.jpeg
    D8FF42BD-05B2-432E-8F34-C861B172FF0C.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 136
Last edited:

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
NICE!
The important question - is the "boss" happy with it?!

Zulaan

New User
Matt
She approved haha. Now she wants bar stools for it though......so the usual never ending project list. I’m good with that though, means more tools!

Reactions: Oka

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS