New from Kannapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnawlin

New User
Tim
I'm relatively new to North Carolina. Moved here from Florida with my wife and two children a year and a half ago originally to Charlotte but have since moved to Kannapolis. After moving here I quickly picked up the woodworking bug that has grown into more of an obsession as of lately. My tool selection is limited but steadily growing as I learn and take on new projects to fill our new home.

My primary interest is in traditional woodworking and hand tools. Something about hand made furniture that's simply fascinating.

Im excited to learn as much as I can about woodworking and hand tools and learn from the mass amount of experience here.

mbromley

New User
Bromley
Welcome to the addiction! I'm in a very similar position and have taken a whole new outlook on older antique furniture knowing now what all went into it. This community is a great source of information and I look forward to seeing some of your projects.

-Bromley

Steve Martin

New User
Steve Martin
Welcome, Tim. Nice to hear from someone interested in traditional woodworking. I live over toward Rockwell and demonstrate traditional skills and tools, including a pole lathe, shaving horse, hatchets, adzes, etc. Bowls, spoons, stools, and walking sticks are my special interests. I also have about 9 acres of woods, so if you need some "raw" material, send me a Private Message or PM.

tnawlin

New User
Tim
Thank you everyone. I am looking forward to completing a long list of projects I have on the to do list. If I can ever find some free time to start on them I definitely post some pictures.

One of my next projects is a traditional workbench. Nothing fancy. A simple Nicholson style bench that I plan to make out of SYP.

http://www.simplecove.com/318/knockdown-nicholson-bench-with-laminated-top/

I found this one in my search for a design and this is what I plan on building, however, I will likely need some help as my access to power tools is very limited.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Welcome Tim! You may want to check into our 12 step program for woodworking addicts.....never mind, the addiction is incurable and who wants to cured anyhow.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Welcome neighbor. I'm also in Kannapolis, over on the East side. I'm retired and willing to help if you need any.

Charley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS