New features - Searching

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Google Search

I have now enabled the 3 Google searches. If you click on the search menu item, you will see 3 Google search boxes.

1. Uses Google to search ncwoodworker.net Only
2. Uses Google to search a select se woodworking sites. I will increase the set as more are suggested and I get a few minutes.
3. Uses google to search the web.

While, in theory, the searches will provide income, they really don't. The real reason I put them there is becuase they really do give us another way to search and many times google searching is better for some purposes. So feel free to use them and I really suggest you play with then when you search and you'll what I mean.

Tag Search

When you start a thread, you are given a box that let's you add "Tags". They are similar to keywords, but slightly different. This feature has been there for a while, but it was pretty much useless, since most of ous don't bother to fill in the tags. I know I don't.

Well, I added some software that automatically adds tags to new threads based on their titles. Also, it went to all our old threads and added tags to them.

Bottom line, the Tag Search is now useful. It to is under the search menu. Give it a try and see if yu like the results

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
FYI, I just added woodweb to the list woodworking sites that will be searchd on the second option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors