New Englander at heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmarc

New User
Chris
So I've been living in NC for almost 14 years now, woodworking the whole time. Moved down from NH in 1999. Built a lot of furniture over these years but have been wanting to venture out and build something off the wall. Finally decided (after e few years of talking about it) to build a kayak. Although I've been to this site e few times over the years, my search for cedar has finally gotten me to enlist in your ranks. Looking forward to chatting with everyone.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard. I am also originally from New England, born and raised in New Britain, CT. You gotta love the weather down here. Haven't seen more than an inch or so of snow in the four years since we moved down here.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Chris, welcome to the site. Just curious what model kayak are you planning to build? If you find you could use some guidance, send me a message. I live in north Raleigh and I have built a few.

SubGuy

New User
Zach
Welcome. It's kinda funny. You're a NE transplant to NC and I'm and NC transplant to NE. Enjoy your time here!

Bryan S

Bryan
Welcome to our little spot on the web Chris glad you joined in. there are a great group of folks here and there are always some that are willing to share some knowlege or lend a hand. Please do not be shy, feel free to ask any question and join in a conversation.

We love pictures and here are 2 links that will help explain how to upload pics to your gallery and post them.

To upload pictures

Desmarc

New User
Chris
Phil, I'm planning to build Nick Schade's Guillemot kayak. I bought his book a couple of months ago and it seems well within my abilities. I modeled all of the forms using a 3d cad package. They're all cut out and ready to go in my shop. I'm just itching to start stripping it now!

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Welcome Chris! northern New Yorker here (not to be confused with Queens or White Plains) who as a kid would spend Easter break skiing the Washington Valley. I have been here 18 years, and regularly find myself pining for the winters I remember from my childhood. I have seen the Old Man on the Mountain.
Good luck with your cayak, I had considered one of the Pygmy Boat versions, but have never found myself having both things needed to do any real project - time and money. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS