New drill press.. need a table

Status
Not open for further replies.

titan04

New User
Josh
So in the next week or so I will probably be looking at getting a new DP. I went through a lot of choices but for the money I think I am going to go with the Steel City 17" ... The quill travel, split heads... looks like it is in for the long run and with the money saved over say a PM2800 I am getting a full forstner bit set from grizzly and the lee valley HSS brad-point set

Now I need a table, really considering a woodpeck DP table but just want ot know of other options out there... eventually yes, I will probably build my own but in the short term I don't know exactly what I will need so just a good basic table in the up to $200 range probably.

Any other options out there or everyone agree on a Woodpeck? I have their lift in my router table and it is great... though the quick-lift broke after only a couple of uses... or if it isn't broke I can't figure it out.

Thanks for any input, Josh

Then we get to have the laguna vs minimax bandsaw discussion.

titan04

New User
Josh
Eventually, I do want to make my own... but I want one that works well in the mean time and when I figure out exactly all the uses I do and every jig, clamp down etc that I need... I will design one from the ground up right :)

For now just looking for the best DP table out there that is store bought that I can pass down once I build my own :) Time for such things...

woodrat

New User
Archie
Eventually, I do want to make my own... but I want one that works well in the mean time and when I figure out exactly all the uses I do and every jig, clamp down etc that I need... I will design one from the ground up right :)

For now just looking for the best DP table out there that is store bought that I can pass down once I build my own :) Time for such things...

This is one I made. Very quick and easy to make. You will find it cheaper
than store bought and just as good, if not better.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Even with store bought you are probably going to have to make some modifications. My first one was just a piece of MDF clamped to the table. Lasted for many years.

As for the Laguna vs Minimax, that is easy. Aggazzani. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors