New Drill Press Gloat: Ryobi DP121L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badabing

New User
Joe
Since I've been turning pens, I found that my Delta drill press just doesn't have enough quill travel to drill all the way through some blanks. So I decided to invest in a new one :-D

I did the research and it seems that this Ryobi model has the most features for the lowest price. I know Ryobi isn't exactly a high end tool manufacturer but I'm no tool snob and sometimes you gotta make compromises :eusa_thin

At under $200 it seems to be a real bargain with all the features it has: laser guides, work light, variable speed adjusted by a lever on the side, digital RPM readout on the front, over 3" quill travel. BTW, it's the only benchtop model I could find with ALL these features together.

Once I get to use it a bit I'll post a review on my website. So far, my first impressions are middling: Fit and finish is not great, but not bad for the price; depth stop is flimsy and probably won't hold consistently for multiple holes as they reported in one review I read; the lasers are hard to adjust and I've already had one stop working. I am waiting to hear back from Customer Service on that issue now. We'll have to see how it goes :eusa_doh:

jimwill48

James
I've had one of these for about a year now and love it. I truly love the reeves style drive for speed adjustment.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS