New Charcuterie Serving Board Designs

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
My partner Jean came up with these "twisted ribbon" designs recently and executed them nicely. I wanted to share them with you.
Thanks for looking.
bobby g

ribbon board 2.jpgribbon board 3.jpg

ribbon board 1.jpg

Last edited:

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Please consider a "how I did it" post in the Resources forum describing the build process. TIA.

Reactions: drw

Trey1984

Trey
User
Those are extremely nice! I would really be interested in hearing about how you go about the process of making these. Is the yellowish wood canary wood? Thanks

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Question for you. How small of a piece of wood could you use in boards like these? I have odds and ends of all sorts of wood that just sit around. I have wondered if one of the segmental bowls I see could use some of what I have. And I'm not that far from you. Sort of vague here but maybe you could sort of think how small you can reasonably work with. Safety and all that.

Roy G

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Question for you. How small of a piece of wood could you use in boards like these? I have odds and ends of all sorts of wood that just sit around. I have wondered if one of the segmental bowls I see could use some of what I have. And I'm not that far from you. Sort of vague here but maybe you could sort of think how small you can reasonably work with. Safety and all that.

Roy G
For the boards we start with 12, 18 or 24 inch pieces. However, we also produce smaller items which can utilize smaller pieces. You can get an idea on our website. Hilltopwooddesigns.com. Seems like we’d be able to use some of what you have. Could you please send a photo of the top of the barrel? Thanks.
boggy g

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Those are extremely nice! I would really be interested in hearing about how you go about the process of making these. Is the yellowish wood canary wood? Thanks
Thanks. Yes, it is canary wood. Great to work with.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks to your help I have made several but noting in comparison. Your skills amazing. I know it takes a lot of trial and error . Thanks for sharing.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS