New Bern Lunch Bunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richo B

New User
Richo
Another month has crept upon us. Our lunch bunch for May will be on Saturday 13th. I'm still working on logistics for this so more will follow either this week or next. Primary items are the AACA New Bern show is that day so we can check that out in the morning or you can just come to lunch which I am still figuring the best place for that. Our normal spot will probably be packed so we might need a plan B. I'm trying to attract some of the newer folks in the area who can't always make it to our weekday luncheons. And PepsiCo is in town this week for their shareholder's meeting so this week is out anyway. So keep the date in mind but more details will come soon...

Richo B

New User
Richo
I should have specified: AACA - Antique Automobile Club of America. Its a pretty good showing up and down Middle Street.

Richo B

New User
Richo
Ok so here are the details for NEXT Saturday's Lunch Bunch (May 13): If you'd like, come to the car show between 10AM to Noon located along Middle Street and Pollock Street in historic downtown New Bern (all depends on how many cars show up as to how many streets they close for it). I'll be there wearing a favorite car shirt. Then at 12:30 we'll congregate at McAlister's Deli out on Glen Burnie Road by the Publix. That way those who just want to meet for lunch don't have to get messed around downtown. Several of us have been there before so folks know where it is. If not, let me know and I'll send directions. Any questions just reply.

Richo B

New User
Richo
Though the car show may get a little wet from Saturday's passing storms, the lunch bunch will still meet at 12:30 at McAlister's Deli on Glen Burnie Drive. Hope to see folks there.

Richo B

New User
Richo
That's all that matters, Joe. Depending on the weather it might be all I can hope for either.

snack31

New User
Don
:confused: Well, I showed up at 12:20 and stayed until 12;45 and didn't see anybody who looked like they were there for Lunch Bunch. Asked a server and they didn't know. Did anybody show? :confused:

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I wAS sitting facing the door on the RH side coming in. But you may have beat me by 5 minutes and Richo came in around 1240. We left at 1320.
My avatar is intentionally my face so folks can recognize me in these meetups. I am sorry we didn't get a chance to meet you, but since you're in town it should be easy to do soon.

Richo B

New User
Richo
Donald sorry we missed you. I was hoping a few of the new guys would show but unfortunately not knowing what they look like from their avatars its purely up to chance. When we get back to eating at Morgans Grill it will be easier to find us.

snack31

New User
Don
I don't have an avatar up so that's out. I stood by the door for the 25 minutes - old guy in a black Cub Cadet cap. It looked like most folks had their wives with them. Oh well, next time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS