New Band Saw Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBone

New User
Tommy
Went to buy one of these at Woodcraft's opening. But since Rocker got the last one, I had to get them to order one. Took a few weeks to get back to Raleigh after it came in so I'm just getting around to pics. I did learn that with a couple of tow straps and a Harbor Freight chain hoist, one person can unload a 500 lb band saw. Now to put the shop back together after moving everything to back in the truck.

Name_Plate.jpg

Fist_Shot.jpg

Plastic_Off.jpg

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Tommy,
real nice acquistion,looks very stout.What kinda blades do you plan on using? I'm waiting for my backordered 14" deluxe from Klingspor,April 15th is the next shipment date,can't wait.Good Luck with the new saw.:eek:ccasion1

Rob

New User
Rob
If I can sell my tubing bender, I'll be having a new one also, probably not that fancy though.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
YOU SUCK! Nice score!

As for the blades ... if you plan on resawing, don't waste time with the other blades ... just step up and get a carbide tipped blade -- I don't think you'll regret it!

TBone

New User
Tommy
It currently has a Timberwolf 1/2". This was provided with the saw by Herb of Woodcraft for not having the saw in stock and my having to make a second trip to Raleigh. Very nice of him and definitely got him more of my business.:icon_thum

For regular cutting I am considering the bi-metal blades sold here
http://www.woodcraftbands.com/Pricing page.htm

I got this link from a post by Tarhead and they're from NC.

I am seriously considering the Lennox Tri-Master for resawing.

It definitely won't be the original Rikon blade

Rusty_Blade.jpg

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Congrats!! That original blade does leave something to be desired. It would add a nice patina to the wood when you cut it, a bit rustic I would say.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Tommy,
Nice saw, those chain hoists are wonderful aren't they, I use mine with my aluminum A-frame all of the time.

Jimmy:)

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Nice Score Tommy.:icon_thum

Yep I have the tri master blade for mine, nothing like carbide baby:eusa_danc

Rocker

New User
John
Danny and Tommy,
First, congrats Tommy!!! I still have not tuned up my new Rikon and I'd appreciate any suggestions that you two come up with regarding adjusting the table etc.
Regards
John (Rocker)

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice BS, Tommy! You deserve major Suckage for the saw and the patience to wait for it!

I'm not too far away if you ever need any help...

Enjoy your new [STRIKE]toy[/STRIKE] er :tool:

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Nice :icon_thum

I can't afford carbide, so I run Lenox bi-metal blades in my Hitachi resaw. In fact, in all my saws.

-Mark

sapwood

New User
Roger
Major tool gloat, Tommy :thumbsup:
That's one big bandsaw :saw:
And a nice supply of plywood to boot!

Roger

TBone

New User
Tommy
I've heard you can use the plywood for shop furniture.

DCP_0004.JPG

:rotflm::rotflm:

Jim, that's hillarious. I was actually turning my laptop upside down the first time I saw that pic checking the model number on the saw. I have to say though, this time the plywood is a little lacking. But I think I can find some use for it. Wife has already said "don't cut that up yet, we can use it for a table at the cookout next month".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS