Neighbor's Woodshop for Sale - Durham (Southpoint Area)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
EDIT: I have permission to offer $1,200 cash if you take it all (except the air filtration unit, which I am now planning to take off his hands).

A nice gentleman in our neighborhood (and our neighborhood's longtime HOA president) has decided to shorten his long list of hobbies and get rid of all the woodworking equipment he has acquired. This afternoon I visited his wonderful basement shop and took pictures and notes on what I saw.

Well, from what I saw, this stuff is all in fantastic shape. Workloads on this equipment is probably very low (his hobby was primarily constructing the cabinetry for his house after he moved in). Purchase dates that I can see on the manuals look to be ca. 1999-2004.

His dream is to sell all of this in a single sale to someone who will use these machines. While he has no price in mind, his repeated mantra is "I will be EXTREMELY reasonable. I just need to get this all out of my house."

Given his concerns about safety, he won't list on Craigslist. He also asked that I do not post his number or email. If you are interested, just message me and I will coordinate the connection.

While I do not have authority on pricing, I have shared the NCWW wisdom of a 50% rule on used woodworking tools. If you take the shop, I suspect he'll do even better.

This is a great opportunity for someone. (I wish he had come along two years ago before I bought so many of these things.)

• Table Saw - Ridgid (TS3650) (wired for 220) with Forrest Woodworker II blade & numerous accessories
  • Drill Press - Central Machinery (T-583) 16 speed floor model (wired for 220)
  • Grinder - Central Machinery (S5808) 8" 3/4 hp floor model
  • Jointer - Jet 6" jointer (JSF-6J)
  • Planer - Delta 12"
  • Air Cleaner - Jet (AFS-1000B)
  • Dust Collector - Central Machinery
  • Band Saw - Grizzly (G0555)
  • Router Table - Bench Dog Pro Top with all accessories
  • Router - Bosch (1617? combo setup) with template kit & large selection of bits
  • Router - Craftsman 1/4"
  • Tenoning Jig - Grizzly (H7583) - I notice it has some surface rust.
  • Biscuit Jointer - Ryobi in case
  • Pocket Hole Jig - Kreg
  • Dovetail Jig - Woodtek
  • Clamps
  • Outfeed Stand - Ridgid
  • Everything else in the shop directly "woodworking" released.

I asked him about wood. He tells me he tossed what he had in the dumpster down our street where other neighbors are adding on. :(

IMG_2210.jpgIMG_2216.jpgIMG_2217.jpgIMG_2218.jpgIMG_2219.jpgIMG_2220.jpgIMG_2221.jpgIMG_2222.jpgIMG_2223.jpgIMG_2224.jpgIMG_2225.jpgIMG_2226.jpgIMG_2215.jpgIMG_2214.jpgIMG_2213.jpgIMG_2201.jpgIMG_2202.jpgIMG_2203.jpgIMG_2204.jpgIMG_2205.jpgIMG_2206.jpgIMG_2207.jpgIMG_2208.jpgIMG_2209.jpgIMG_2211.jpgIMG_2212.jpgIMG_2227.jpg

Last edited:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
That looks like it would be a good deal for somebody just starting out that wants a complete set of starter machines that could be upgraded over time.

Most of us that have been into the hobby/profession for several years would have equivalent or better machines already. But for a complete starter workshop, it could be a good deal depending on price.

Some specific comments, that Grizzly Band Saw is similar to the model I currently use. The Jet Jointer is better then the one I started out with, but now have an 8" Grizzly long bed.

All in all a lot there if the price is right. Guess he wasn't into turning - you mentioned cabinet maker. A decent set of machines for that purpose.

cfresque

New User
Trevor
I don't have a need for the whole set up with that said if he decides to piece it out I would be interested in the dust collector

ShawnS

New User
Shawn
there are some things there I would be interested in also, just not the whole set up if he decided to let it go separate I would sure be interested in the band saw and some of the smaller things.I might even take the whole thing for the right price but I probably can't afford to pay what it is really worth

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
$1,200 for everything. I told you. He wants his basement shop back. (He has some other hobbies in there, including ham radio.)

Last edited:

ShawnS

New User
Shawn
I might sell some it I really wanted the band saw and I have buddy needing a drill press. we Both have good table saws and some of the other stuff. I'm not greedy if someone needs any of the rest. As soon as I can work out a time to go pick it up and pay the gentlemen , let me know and i'd make someone a good deal on some of the other stuff.

Cbozz

Chris
User
I got so excited about this up until I read the part about it having already sold. Would be a steal a much higher price and almost exactly everything I'm going to be shopping for in the next few months, and near me ta boot.

Why'd I have to do work tonight instead of just browsing the internet?

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I might sell some it I really wanted the band saw and I have buddy needing a drill press. we Both have good table saws and some of the other stuff. I'm not greedy if someone needs any of the rest. As soon as I can work out a time to go pick it up and pay the gentlemen , let me know and i'd make someone a good deal on some of the other stuff.
Shawn,
Steelwheel1999 (Mark) was looking for router and router table maybe that is on your list, maybe not... here:http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55103

IF not... there is another outlet for you!

ShawnS

New User
Shawn
As far as the router table goes Im going to look at it and compare it to mine and I'll keep the better of the 2 but one of them will be up for grabs, just don't have room for that many router tables.

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
I should have bought all this stuff myself and sold it back to you gang piece by piece!

Attachments

• gob_bluth_huge_mistake.jpg
    gob_bluth_huge_mistake.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 250
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors