Negative hook blades on tablesaw???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Are there any issues with using a negative hook blade on a TS. I know the benefits of using them on a RAS or SCMS, but would those benefits be liabilities on a TS????
Just a question I've been pondering over and I thought I would see what the NCWW brain-trust had to say about it :icon_thum

Dave:)

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
My DeWalt melamine blade has a negative hook, and triple chip teeth. I also have some B&D industrial blades that were originally designed to cut aluminum, but I have used them for years to cut plywood.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
SO basically you're saying there is no problem and as an added bonus they are good for cutting aluminum.
Thanks for the info :icon_thum

Dave:)

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
BITD when you could afford to buy REAL aluminum roofing, we'd just turn a regular blade around backwards in the saw. It kept the blades from gumming up on the soft metal. I suppose a negative hook would do the same thing. Cant' say as I've ever seen one, though.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
My inexpensive Freud stack dado set may be a negative angle. It helps to keep the feed rate down which helps my little Ryobi BT3100 table saw not get bogged down.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors