Need to borrow a 2KW quiet generator...

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Considering that I own seven generators, this is a strange request.... but here goes.

My wife is traveling to a horse event in Asheville this coming weekend (June 12 - 13), and I'm looking for a quiet generator in the 2KW range to borrow for the weekend in order to power the air conditioning and refridgerator on one of our horse trailers. Honda makes a model, their EU2000 that would be well suited for this task. Low noise is mandatory for the campground where she will be staying, so something less than 60 db is a must.

My normal travel generator is down with an engine problem, which I can't get fixed by this weekend. I hate to buy an 8th generator just because one is down for repairs, so if anybody in the Triangle area of NC has one that she can borrow it would be greatly appreciated.

Thx.

Scott

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Rob, thanks much for the offer. Let me see if anybody else responds that is a little closer to home; (the dually and trailer combo gets 6mpg), if not we may take you up on it.

Regards,

Scott

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Hey Scott, I guess generators are kind of like clamps. You can never have too many of them! LOL. Dino

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Scott,
we've got a 75 kw portable unit in work that runs on methane.Just keep the horses well fed and they should keep that thing singing all weekend.It was installed on a dairy farm up in NY and powered the surplus back into the grid.You tow this baby and 6 mpg will look good.Sorry,no generator personally.
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS