Need sources for office furnture plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis

New User
Travis
As some of you know my wife started her own business back in February in realestate apprasing after working for a firm here in Hickory for 12 years. Things are going very well and and I am going to build the LOML "nice" office furniture.

I plan on large desk (more like a large work surface with out file drawers, kind of open underneath) to sit in the middle of the room. I am thinking of a surface about 8'x3' that might even kind of wrap around the user. When she works she has research material laying all over the place including piles on the floor around her chair. It actually looks like a paper grenade went off in her office. I want it to look cool but be functional for her as well with lots of storage near her work station.

In addition to the desk ,I want to build a long Credenza and/or built inn file cabinets to stretch 8' down a wall that are three drawers high for plenty of file storage with the top of the file cabinets being continous providing a real built in look and additional work surface for organizing mail, reports, bills, etc..

I will take as much input as I can get on the design and construction of office furniture. I purchased one book and was not really happy with the material. Any sources, plans and and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

thrt15nc

Tom
User
Hi Travis,

Just to get the conversation started, I built a desk for my wife a year or so ago. Some pics in my album. Oak with a laminated top. Still on my to-do list for some roll under drawers and storage cabs. The plans were from one of my woodworking mags. I can't remember which one right now. I'll look when I get home if you want.

Tom

Desklegs.JPG

Desklegs21.JPG

Desktops.JPG

Desk3.JPG

Travis

New User
Travis
Thanks Tom, if ou come accross that magazine let me know what it is and i will check it out along with the Rockler.

thrt15nc

Tom
User
Hi Travis,

Really sorry about the time wait getting back to you. The plans for the desk I made were from a Sept 2005 issue of WOOD magazine. It also had a shelf/cabinet thing that sat on top of it but my wife didn't want that. If you have any more questions, you can just PM me. Another couple of weeks and I'll be a little more available during the day as my contract at work will be up.

Le me know if you have questions,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS