Need scroll saw advice

NCJim

Jim
User
My wife wants to get into scroll sawing. Has anyone used the Wen LL2156 21 inch saw? It's priced at about $360 which is the price she wants to pay.
Also anyone have a good quality used machine in that price range? She now is using a inexpensive machine that is like using a jack hammer.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Here's mine in the For Sale Section:

Dewalt 788 Scroll Saw with Stand and Easy Lift - $275

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
See Doug Robinsons post for a hawk scroll saw. Very good machine right at your price point.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Doing research, their seems to be three tiers. The WEN and the dozen identical clones which cut, but vibrate enough to blur your vision, The Dewalt and Jet, which are a big step up, and then the "good" ones which are unfortunately a grand or more. In my book, if the best of the cheapest of the cheap ( WEN) is not good enough, I would save up or wait for a used "good" one. Buying the intermediate new seems like a waste of money. I am saving up.

Jim Hancock

Jim
Corporate Member
I also have a Hegner Multimax for sale for $350.

Rob in NC

Rob
Senior User
Looks like you have some options here... I know next to nothing about scroll saws, but purchased a Hegner such as the one above just this past year off the forum here and I'm tickled with it.

TB2

New User
Kent
Jim, I have a Delta as in the pic. No motor or stand. But worked great last time I used it. 20 years ago. Cast iron so won’t vibrate out the door. It’s free if you want a project. And to anyone else interested also. 7447D022-3DB3-4358-B1D2-C6BF7160328F.jpeg

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors