Need part for old unisaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

weelis

New User
weelis
I need to replace the housing for the off/on switch for a 1996 10" tilting arbor say. This is a "special edition Norm Abrams" unit. If anyone has that model would u send me the model number of the saw? I cannot find it on the saw or on tbhe user's manual. Thankx.

Bryan S

Bryan
I moved your thread to the power tools forum and should get you more exposure for your question.

Jim Roche

jim
User
A lot of times the model number is on the back of the saw on the upper left hand side, if you we're facing the saw. At least the older models usually have it there.

Jim

Jim Roche

jim
User
My saw is an older Delta Rockwell. Here's a copy of my tag:
sorry for it being upside down:). The catalog number is actually the model number.
Hope this helps.
Jim

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 87

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
My 1996 catalog shows the tilting arbor saw (contractors saw in a box) to have the following numbers.
36-755 with the regular fence
36-751 with 30" Unifence
36-752 with 52" Unifence

No "Norm" editions listed in the catalog.

The switch looks to be an Asian import plastic IEC type magnetic starter.

If that's the saw you're looking for. It is NOT a Unisaw.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Delta did produce a "Norm Abrams" special edition Unisaw.

But I think the OP can safely find a random/generic Unisaw from the 'Norm-saw' vintage and get the switch part number off that. IMO *very* unlikely Delta used a unique switch.

Most likely a common switch housing will fit....

EDIT: Ah, here we go:

"Dated: 7-22-96 MODEL 36-900 LIMITED EDITION NEW YANKEE WORKSHOP UNISAW The 36-900 Limited Edition, New Yankee Workshop Unisaw is equipped with a 52" Unifence, with table board and lower shelf, and features chrome handwheels, carbide-tipped saw blade and a personalized, engraved nameplate."

-Mark

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS