Need new miter saw blade-question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCJim

Jim
User
[h=1]I want to change the blade on my 10” miter saw. The saw is over a year old and I still have the 60 tooth factory blade. Most of my cutting is pine but I do cut some hardwoods too. I just put a Freud thin cut kerf blade on my table saw and it is great.[/h][h=1]
So what all that said, since I seem to have gotten along with the factory blade so long: what blade should I get? Make and # of teeth?
[/h]

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
More teeth will give a finer cut.

any higher end blade will do well for occasional use.

i have a Freud 80 tooth blade on my 12 inch Bosch miter saw which is probably equivalent to 60 on a 10 inch saw.

You may try cleaning your blade to see if the pine pitch buildup is making it seem dull, may not need a new blade yet. And they can be sharpened for about half the cost of a mid priced blade.

if you just have money you want to spend you could donate to NCWW. LOL

Frank Berry

New User
Frank
More teeth will give a finer cut.

any higher end blade will do well for occasional use.

i have a Freud 80 tooth blade on my 12 inch Bosch miter saw which is probably equivalent to 60 on a 10 inch saw.

You may try cleaning your blade to see if the pine pitch buildup is making it seem dull, may not need a new blade yet. And they can be sharpened for about half the cost of a mid priced blade.

if you just have money you want to spend you could donate to NCWW. LOL
Mike, do you use a thin kerf blade on the Bosch or a standard? I too have a Bosch but in 10" and have had my saw for a few years and will also want to change out my blade soon.
Frank

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
What Mike said! I have the same blade on my Bosch, 80 tooth Freud. Good clean cuts consistently.

:icon_thum

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Frank,

i use standard thickness blades on everything. I have had a couple thin blades and I don't like them, they flex and vibrate sometimes.

Frank Berry

New User
Frank
When you say you are using the Freud blades, I am assuming that you do not mean the Diablo blades. Is this correct to assume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS