Need help Id router bits for this

Status
Not open for further replies.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Hey Everybody
I have been tasked to reproduce a few cabinet doors, however they need to match this profile on the stile and rails.
Ray_Cabinet_011.jpg
[/IMG]

Anyone help me out, do you recognize this setup?
If so please let me know.
I have a short suspense on this, so I will need to order the bit set and then make the doors.
Thanks in advance.

TBradley190

New User
Tim
The profile on the back looks like the tricky part, possibly custom made. I wonder if a traditional entry door set with 1/4 slot cutter set for 3/4 would give you the same look? The outside profile looks to be traditional, but I'm just guessing John. Good luck with it!!

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Mac, I'll take a look but I don't remember having one that will give you that split :gar-La;

Sorry Mac, one is somewhat close, but not enough.

Last edited:

Jeff

New User
Jeff
John,

How many doors do you need to reproduce?

Not much help here, but I'll offer +/- $0.02. It looks like you need 2 bits; #1 for the inside profile and slot for the rails and stiles, and #2 for the outside exterior profile for same.

Does your customer know who/where the original doors were made and how long ago? A long shot, but it won't hurt to ask and maybe get lucky.

Browse through the downloadable Whiteside PDF catalog for a possible match and email their Technical Service folks for a recommendation. Maybe they'd like you to mail them a cutoff from a rail and its matching stile in order to actually see the setup firsthand. :icon_scra

http://www.whitesiderouterbits.com/contactus.asp

http://www.whitesiderouterbits.com/catalog.html

I'd be curious to hear what you find out. :dontknow:

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
John, three different bits come to mind when I look at the slotted edge. The first is similar to an Ogee bit with Fillet, the second bit that comes to mind is a Roman Ogee bit and, of course a slot cutter.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
The originals may have been cut on a shaper. If so, you may not be able to find the exact same profiles in a router bit.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Getting close as you can with what you have, then make scratch stock to finish it off? Old bandsaw blades and assortment die makers files and sharpening stones can make for some good scratch stock. Sometimes it's the easiest solutions that are the best.

scratchstock.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS