need a new air hose

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
my compressor came with an expanding coiled one that has gotten looped into itself one too many times. I am so mad at it I want to throw the whole compressor out. If it bends around and touches itself, it gets tangled. Anything I should look for in a good hose? I like the pliable ones at tire pumping stations, they seem easy to handle and not stiff to manuever around but don't recall seeing anything like that.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Look for a polyurethane air hose. You can get them at Home Depot or Lowe's, like this one. They still bend and twist a lot, but they're easy to separate and very light.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
+1 on Bas's suggestion re the poly hose; they are a great hose to work with air nailers, etc.

If you need a hose to provide more air volume, such as for a spray gun or an air impact wrench, then a 1/2" ID hose would be a better choice. Northern Tool in Cary has them in stock. They also have the poly hose in 3/8".

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
It's a little 2 gallon compressor so no spraying for me. I just got one of the $59 23 gauge pin nailers from Woodcraft. Been using it like crazy to build little plywood bins for screw storage. Its been fun to use except the dang hose. Till now I've barely used it but I finally got used to the compressor coming on unexpectedly so that I don't jump.

fsdogwood

New User
Pinwu
It's a little 2 gallon compressor so no spraying for me. I just got one of the $59 23 gauge pin nailers from Woodcraft. Been using it like crazy to build little plywood bins for screw storage.

How useful is the 23 gauge pin nailer?
I tried to use it for frames, but the pin is too slim, that it'd follow the grain, very hard to keep
it straight. And one can pull off the joint if by the pin only. Do I miss something?

Regards.

Pinwu

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
I'm using it more like mini clamps. Add glue to trim, pin trim to edge and move on. So far I have used it only on shop stuff made out of pine, mdf, and plywood.

It worked great attaching drawer faces. Tap two in real close to where the knobs are going to be, pull the drawer out and clamp the face tightly and drive the real brads from behind. Plus I am making a bunch of small bins to hold nails and stuff and rather than go fancy with dadoes or other joinery, I just glue the edges, tap some pins to hold em in place and move on.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
+1 on the poly; i got mine from Northern Tool in Cary for a solid 30% less than at the depot or the Lowes. An additional benefit for me is that it has a "tack-free" surface so when I am running air hose through my house for renovation and repairs it doesn't mark up the carpet or trim boards....try that with a rubber hose and see what happens.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
My vote goes to "Flexeel Hose". Great product, use it daily, no problems. No affilation, just a satisfied customer.

Mike

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Harbor Freight- 3/8" goodyear hose:

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools/air-hoses/50-ft-x-3-8-eighth-inch-pliovic-air-hose-6931.html

and look for a 20% off coupon, they had them in the N&O's Parade insert last Sunday.

I've used two of these hoses forat least 15 years with no problems, and the 3/8 is better than 1/4". You may want a small coiled up hose on the end for the air nailer, they usually sell for $4.99 at HF but go on sale for $2.99 often.

Good Luck,
Jimmy
I have a couple of these (new) in my shop that are looking for a new home. I now use a different set up. Last Sunday's coupon wasn't in Parade section, but in loose coupons. Sunday before had it both places. Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS