Need a Drill Press?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
Lowes is clearing out the Hitachi 15" drill presses and the New Bern store has a bunch of them. I got one for $130 with minimal haggling.

Set it up last night and it is a definite step up from the little 10" bench top drill press I was using...

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Matt,

NIce snag. Sounds like a terrific price. ... now... what's that the folks here say when someone posts a tool gloat? ...

Ray

T

toolferone

Ray Martin said:
Matt,
now... what's that the folks here say when someone posts a tool gloat? ...
Ray

IT'S YOU SUCK!
IN THE BEST POSSIBLE WAY. ENJOY

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice score on the Drill Press, Matt. Do we see drill bits, forstner bits, drum sanding kits, etc. in your future too? You know this is just the beginning.....WG disease is rampant around these parts. Congrats!
Take care,

Sully

New User
jay
Yeah, that is a nice DP. I picked one up a month or so ago at a little better price, but still it's worth every penny of $200+. The laser gizmo is coolio.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hey Matt,

Since Pappy brought up the thought of various accessories you just have to have for your new drill press, I thought I should mention a magazine I picked up called Best-Ever Workshop Solutions. It's from Better Homes and Gardens. It has the plans for loads of jigs, including a few for the drill press.

The plan for this one was in there. It's for sanding drums. I madea half dozen inserts for the top, each with a different size hole for the different size drums.

135-3581_IMG.JPG

This was a really easy build. There is also a plan for a drill press table, complete with a fence and clamps. That one will be the next drill press jig

Ray

Sully

New User
jay
While we are on the topic of jigs and such for your new drillpress I thought I would post a pic of my DP table for the Hitachi drill you just got. I don't want to hijack the thread so I am only posting a couple of pics here. I'll try to upload the full description to my gallery when I get a chance. What's the protocol for posting material already posted on other forums?

Attachments

• dp1.jpg
    dp1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 180
  • dp2.jpg
    dp2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 179
  • dp3.jpg
    dp3.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 185

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
Ok, I really just wanted to let others know about the deal at Lowes. However, since it has turned into a gloat, let's make it official:
DP.JPG

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
Sweet tables / jigs you all have rigged up. I see me outfitting my DP in the near future. Thanks for the ideas!

Monty

New User
Monty
Nice gloat! I was just in Lowe's today here in HKY and didn't notice this clearance... they must be already gone...

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
You might have to check the "top stock" (i.e. the stuff on top of the shelves in the aisles). They didn't have any in the official tools section in New Bern, but they had a bunch at the end of an aisle up high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors