Need 8/4 rough cypress

joec

joe
User
I can get finished cypress, but the price I got from Wall Lumber was for finished and I need to do the milling to get the size I need. I was hoping to find this somewhere close to Wilmington or in Eastern NC. Anybody know a sawmill where I can get rough dry cypress?

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I can get finished cypress, but the price I got from Wall Lumber was for finished and I need to do the milling to get the size I need. I was hoping to find this somewhere close to Wilmington or in Eastern NC. Anybody know a sawmill where I can get rough dry cypress?
Check the map of lumber dealers in the resources tab for kiln-dried lumber east of 95. The sawyers' map doesn't include kiln-dried lumber.

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
There’s a sawmill near Lumberton on Myra road sorry I can’t remember the guys name.

I’ve got some phone numbers PM me.

waitup

New User
Matt
Murdock Sawmill in Bunn had some at one point in time. I'm not sure if he has any more or not, but his prices were very reasonable.

Woodmolds

Tony
User
Did you ask for rough at Wall's? When I worked there all cypress came in rough. Of course this may have changed in recent years.
Be sure to ask for Brad or Clint(owner).

BML

Lee
Senior User
Robert Marasco in Burgaw. I have bought a good bit of cypress from him.

+1 (910) 538-6749

cliff56

cliff
Corporate Member
There’s a sawmill near Lumberton on Myra road sorry I can’t remember the guys name.

I’ve got some phone numbers PM me.
Marsh road lumber Co. Between lumberton and Elizabethtown usually has it. Call first. # and address is in google.

joec

joe
User
Thanks for all responses. I think I have found some reclaimed 8/4 but will give the guy in Burgaw a call as that is the closest.
Did you ask for rough at Wall's? When I worked there all cypress came in rough. Of course this may have changed in recent years.
Be sure to ask for Brad or Clint(owner).
I sent an email asking for rough, but the response came back finished. I assumed that was all they had.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS