NCWw'er style RT done

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Well I got her done. Used the table to create the door for the router enclosure, and it works well. I still have to finish the DC hook up but the will have to wait until I have a bit more $. The cheap BORG plywood finished up OK and matched well to the Red Oak trim. I managed to cut totally through the top veneer layer of the ply with one soft swipe of the scraper while flushing up the edging...that is the thinnest veneer I've ever experienced. I still can't decide if I want to use some oak edging on top of the fence so that is why it is still not attached.
I made the fence to adjust for bit width, and that moves very smoothly. Along with the t-tracks the fence assembly rides in. I would have like to use smaller holes for the drawer "pulls" but I had my 35mm bit all chucked up and told myself that it would look fine :eusa_doh: Here's a few pics:

AvaRTcomplete020.jpg

AvaRTcomplete022.jpg

AvaRTcomplete025.jpg

AvaRTcomplete024.jpg

AvaRTcomplete023.jpg

Thanks for looking and not laughing to hard.
Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
Wow!!! That's a show piece! Congrats on a job well done... now you've gotta get it all dirty!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dutchman said:
Very nice job. I love the low cost hardware! Do you have or have you considered a shpaer?

The hardware cost almost as much as the the whole cabinet. Most of it was scrap wood from the shop and $30 in cheap BORG ply. I don't have a shaper, would love to have one, but a router table will have to do for now.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Man.........that turned out most excellent Dave.:icon_thum I bet you really enjoyed using it to make the door. I can't get over how nice that phenolic ply looks, it really adds to the overall look.

D L

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Dave,

That looks great and I'm sure it will add to you precision for router work. As you start to fill those drawers up with bits, toss a few of those silica bags in there to keep the bits nice & dry. :icon_thum

hpetty

New User
Hugh
Looking GREAT Dave!!!!

I still have to finish the door and DC on mine. I like the solid door. I think that's the way I'm going for my third door :lol: Do you think you have enough air openings? My plans called for 3-4 air holes in the door.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
hpetty said:
Do you think you have enough air openings? My plans called for 3-4 air holes in the door.

I am not sure, when I get the fittings and piping all hooked up I will see how well it does, and add more if I need them. The door fits pretty tightly so I probably will need more.

R

rickc

Very nice Dave. "Ya done good, kid!". I enjoy seeing your projects, they help me visualize what I normally only hear about.

hpetty

New User
Hugh
DaveO said:
I am not sure, when I get the fittings and piping all hooked up I will see how well it does, and add more if I need them. The door fits pretty tightly so I probably will need more.

Let me know how it works out, so I can finish door. :lol: I would hate for the DC to suck the new one off the hinges :rolf:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I am with you on the router table/shaper game. I haven't justified the cost and with so many router bits it is tough.

I like your set up. I still have to make the door for mine and wish I had done better with my on/off switch like you did.

Nice job. When can I come and pick it up?:lol:

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Naum ain't got nothin on you. :lol:

Great job, really like the green top. :icon_thum :icon_thum :icon_thum Really stands out. When you get to the router cavity DC, I would like to see it. I still only have fence DC and need to go ahead and finish the bottom part. Oh well one of these days.

Mike

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Wow, that looks good. I mean REALLY good!! :eusa_clap

The green top really sets it off.

I left a gap of 3/8 or so around the edges of my door. I'm hoping it'll move enough air to remove the dust. Frankly I want the entire enclosure at negative pressure to discourage dust from settling into various nooks and crannies. Haven't done a project since I built mine so I'm not sure how it'll work.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Great looking RT Dave. I like the color of the top. Thanks for the photos. The back of your fence is similar to what I have planned for mine so the photos are helpful. Mine is getting closer to being finished. You've got me motivated this morning so I've got my plaid flannel shirt on and heading out to the wood shop.:mrgreen: Let us know how the DC hookup works. Photos please. :cool:

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I saw some more of that phenolic (?) impregnated ply at Woodcraft yesterday, I also finally officially met one of the members, Tom, or Toolferone. Really nice guy, and I found too many things I want, after spending too much on a trip to NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS