NC State Surplus Property Online Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Has anyone ever dealt with this company? Do they really represent the state of North Carolina? I didn't really like putting my drivers license and phone number in the form to get an account...

algustaf

New User
Al
That is the State of NC. They already have your info. It is only as safe as your connection, but it is not a spam or sham type site. Strictly State of NC property and auctions as required by state law to get rid of "publically owned" property.

DaveD

New User
Dave
$3356 for that fully outfitted (DRO, power feeds on xyz and power drawbar) bridgeport was a decent price considering it probably wasn't abused in the environment it was in. Most of that stuff that comes from a production machine shop has been 'rode hard' and 'put up wet'.

If I didn't currently have a table top mill I would have probably been bidding for it.

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
eyekode - I've never bought from them online, but you can stop by the actual "store" - er storage site. It's on Hwy 54 just off of 40-440 whatever it is - From Apex if you came to Raleigh, via 1/64 and took 40-440 toward Durham you'll pass Cary Crossroads, then come to Highway 54 exit. Then turn right on 54 towards Raleigh and drive 2-3 miles and you'll see the place on the right. They have odd hours like 9-4 pm M-F or something so it makes for a long lunch trip. People working there are very nice, a bit bored, and glad to help, for the most part.

DaveD

New User
Dave
The state surplus place closes (used to anyway) one afternoon a week for opening of the bids (don't remember the day). Last time I was there (a year ago?) you had to give them drivers license info to get in.

Also note that they have multiple sites for lots of stuff (sites are where the stuff was actually being used). I have never seen any decent machinery of any sort at the main warehouse site. Now if you are interested in vehicles then that is the place to go.

You can also look over closed bids in their office to see what past stuff went for.

Good place to go kill an hour or so but not the place to keep visiting unless you have nothing else better to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors