NC Charles post

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
NC Charles's post about wanting to prepare kits for Vet's and the elderly to assemble sounds very nice. I'd be glad to turn blanks for him. But when I go back and read his Vision it sounds like it is somehow a fund-raising for him. Otherwise, how would this project develop into a shop for him.....

I posted that question, more or less. Am I missing something and making something out of nothing?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I will be interested in his reply to your posted question. He did mention making a deal in regards to the turning of the blanks. Maybe he is willing to pay for the turning part??? I don't see anything wrong with "turning" a profit on something like this, I am sure that the organization that supplied the kits originally bought them from someone (maybe that someone has gone out of business ???) But if that is his goal he should be more open about it. 90% of his post I read as being about philanthropic activity, with just a small amount alluding to potential profit.
Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Worthwhile Cause for NCWW?

Howdy all. I need you to take a look at this link to see if you think this is a worthwhile cause that we at NCWW should put a little emphasis on. Rob and I spent a little time in chat with Charles last night and were a little skeptical at first but the more we talked to this guy we began to feel that his plea for assistance was legit. If he can find a source for Prue-drilled blanks with the brass tubes inserted then maybe we can find enough folks here on NCWW to rough turn his blanks for him. Your thoughts?

D L

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
I started another thread on this same topic. Rob and I talked with Charles in chat last night and at first thought it was a scam but now we feel he might be legit. Certainly worth looking into.

D L

Last edited:

cskipper

Cathy
I'll send you a copy of his reply to my email and mine to his reply. 95% of me feels this is legit and I would be glad to turn some blanks.

The other part of me isn't sure. For one thing, how difficult would it be to finish a blank once it's off the lathe? It sounds like one of the things he would want his folks to do.

Still not sure about the ultimate deep down goal - guess the comments about this leading him to building his own business on the efforts of volunteers bothers me.

If it's all legit - I'd be glad to turn blanks.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Re: Worthwhile Cause for NCWW?

Cathy, I agree, I would be willing to turn a few blanks also if he can come up with the predrilled blanks with the tubes inserted.

I am going to attempt to move this thread with the one you started so everything on this topic will be under one thread. Hopefully I won't screw it up.:lol:

D L

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
I combined the 7 posts above into this one thread so we can keep all discussion on this topic in one location. I see some of the responses appear to be a little out of sequence now. If anyone knows how to clean this up a bit......please do.

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
DL, I have ran into the problem with combining threads/post and the chronological sequence being thrown off. I don't know how to fix that. I would love to find out, maybe Papa Steve knows a way. If not then we will have to just deal with it.

BTW I am on-board with this plan if it actually becomes something:-D

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
DaveO said:
DL, I have ran into the problem with combining threads/post and the chronological sequence being thrown off. I don't know how to fix that. I would love to find out, maybe Papa Steve knows a way. If not then we will have to just deal with it.

BTW I am on-board with this plan if it actually becomes something:-D

I've never seen the chron sequence thrown off, can you point me to an example

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
SteveColes said:
I've never seen the chron sequence thrown off, can you point me to an example

Steve, right here in this thread.......compare posts # 1,2,4,6,8,9,10,11 to posts # 3,5,7. The last three (3,5,7) were moved into this thread. The titles are different and the comments don't seem to flow logically since they were embedded into this thread based on the time of their original posting.

D L

cskipper

Cathy
I've received a lengthy and informative e-mail from NC Charles which puts me behind this project. I'll ask his permission to share parts of that e-mail.

Monty

New User
Monty
Cool, Cathy. I like the message you sent him, and I'm glad you're clarifying things. I might even be able to help once I know what he's trying to do... :eusa_thin

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Cathy, from everything I have read and heard from NC-Charles through chatting with him this project sounds legit. If he can come up with a source for the materials then I would be more than happy to lend a hand to turn some of the blanks. It sounds like he just needs them turned down to a finished size with no sanding or finishing applied.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS