PChristy

New User
Phillip
Steve Goods pattern - Spalted Maple -Lose fit- sorry about the pic
Nativity_Cross.jpg

View image in gallery

cskipper

Cathy
That's sharp! Is it one if Sue Mey's patterns? What kind of wood did you use? How long did it take? What was the most difficult part of the project?

b4man

New User
Barbara
Phillip,

That's really beautiful! How did you attach the cross to the base?

Barbara

sbarnhardt

New User
Barney
Looks good.....

How did you get the bases round? Did you turn them or buy them that way? And if bought, from where?

PChristy

New User
Phillip
That's sharp! Is it one if Sue Mey's patterns? What kind of wood did you use? How long did it take? What was the most difficult part of the project?

Cathy, this is one of Steve Good's patterns - It is on one of his free pattern pages -I cut this one out of 3/4 Spalted Maple - I plan on doing some more in Cherry and maybe BW - I am only guessing that it took me a good two non-stop hours to get it prepared - bored and cut - for me I have a hard time cutting straight lines - Also I think the hardest part (for me) is cutting all of the sharp inside corners

Phillip,

That's really beautiful! How did you attach the cross to the base?

Barbara - In the picture it is a lose dry fit - on the bottom of the cross I cut a 1/2x5/8 tenon with a coping saw and a chisel - In the small base I cut a hole to match the tenon for a snug fit - after I get it all cleaned up good I will glue it in

Barbara

Very cool:icon_thum

I need to get that pattern

Scott - Do you have Steve Good's website - It is there

Looks good.....

How did you get the bases round? Did you turn them or buy them that way? And if bought, from where?

Barney - Steve has some other cross patterns and this oval pattern is with one of them - actually this cross is suppose to sit on a base that is three inches high - I think someone else here hs done it that way - I just cut the pattern close to the line then sand it on my sander (wishing I had an edge sander)

sawduster

New User
Robert
Good job bro :icon_thum It's much harder to get the intricite cuts in thicker wood without burning it
looks like ya did it proud :icon_cheers

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Good job bro :icon_thum It's much harder to get the intricite cuts in thicker wood without burning it
looks like ya did it proud :icon_cheers

Thanks bro - I did alot of going straight in / backing up - go back and clean it up sorta thing - you know what I am talking about

scoobyJ

New User
SJ
That is awesome. My problem is that I'm addicted to spiral blades...when I use straight blades I have to retrain my brain to try to cut straight lines...you did excellent job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS