My two dollar Dining room table

Status
Not open for further replies.

HERIJOBR

New User
RICK
I built this table as a surprise for my wife. We are in the process of remodeling our kitchen and dining room she was wanting a new dining room table and new cabinets for the kitchen the cabinets are still in progress but I got a good deal on some scrap lumber I got a good size load for two dollars so i used part of it to build her this table. Its my own design not to fancy but she seemed to love it.
table41.jpg

View image in gallery

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
looks great.:icon_thum:icon_thum darned pretty 2 dollar wood.:eusa_danc now where's the 2 dollar chairs?:rotflm:

eyekode

New User
Salem
Looks good! But the most remarkable feat is surprising your wife with it! You either have a nice secluded shop or you are lightning fast :).
Salem

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Beautiful table! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap You can't beat that price either. :nah:

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
The table looks great, and well built. :icon_thum Should last a lifetime. Sometimes it's all about making do w/ what we have. To me, that $2 wood looks pretty darn nice. Did you allow for wood movement on the top? With the boards running across the top, instead of lengthwise, you're probably going to get a fair amount of movement.

Bill

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
Way to go! That wood does look very nice for a $2.00 load. And to make the wife happy for so little, goes a long way.

Red

HERIJOBR

New User
RICK
Well as far as the two dollar chairs the wifey is already asking for them but i guess I will have to wait for another good deal.. But she thinks since we have so little in the table we should splurge on the chairs. Surprising her was really difficult I had to work on it at night and while she was gone! It took me about 25 hours to complete not counting the finish but her being nosey I still ended up showing it to her before I had the finish on it. The top is 6 pisces glued together and screwed on from underneath without glue and 4 bow rails running length ways and braces running between them.:wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS