My Response to Jeff, (not mills)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Jeff, I see that you have opened three threads in reference to the off topic forum. That forum was closed by Steve Coles prior to him resigning from the Webmasters position. I ask that you and others please be patient with the staff as we strive to refine the off topic forum rules. There seems to be a few members that constantly push the envelope to the point of moderation and suspension. I will not mention these folks by name in respect of their privacy. The off topic forum has been a thorn in our side due to the violators that constantly ignore the policies, and there are only a few of them. The staff and BOD are all volunteers and receive no pay for their time. Our goal is to provide a place where we can all share our mutual love of woodworking in a local environment. And also to provide a place where we can discuss other things. I was webmaster last year until I relinquished my position to our founder Steve Coles after the 2010 election. Steve is a highly technically skilled person and he single handily built this site. He chose to step down and I again assumed the position of Webmaster. We have a lot of things to iron out to again make this site attractive to all that come here. The off topic forum has always been a focal point in this site and this is the third time it has been closed. Our goal is to , if possible open the off topic forum in a way that the staff do not have to spend all of their time watching for violations. I closed your last thread due to nothing you said, but for the simple fact of allowing the staff the time to focus on the things we need to address regarding the off topic forum and not have to worry constantly about moderating that thread.

Thanks for understanding the actions I felt were necessary for the continued livelihood of this site we all have came to love.

Sincerely, __________________
Tracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS