My Profile - city and state location

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC7CN

New User
Don
It's been a long time, but I remember having this problem a couple of times before! If memory serves me right, profile 'location' is an administrative change. Truth be know, we probably move to much! This time, we moved much closer to North Carolina. We know live in Lake Mary, Florida, 32746. Hopefully, this will be only be temporary, as we plan to buy a house in Deltona, Florida; no room for a shop in a one-bedroom apartment.

Thank you,

-Don

FlyingRon

Ron
Yes, you are right. I've updated you to Lake Mary, FL. You'll want to go to the Settings / Edit profile screen and fix up your street address and telephone number if they aren't current.

ehpoole

Ethan
Yes, you are right. I've updated you to Lake Mary, FL. You'll want to go to the Settings / Edit profile screen and fix up your street address and telephone number if they aren't current.

Actually, any member my update their location by resetting the zipcode field in the "Edit Profile" area within the "Settings" control panel (upper right-hand of each screen). DO NOT use the "My Profile" link as this will not properly sync all the necessary changes (in fact, I wish there were a way to block editing via this page as it creates unnecessary confusion, but there is not).

Any how, from the "Edit Profile" area all you need to do is input the correct zipcode and the system will correctly set your city and state information -- just click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the page when you are finished to commit the changes.

ehpoole

Ethan
Actually, it appears in the ABOUT ME tab when you click on your name at the top of the screen.

This is the same screen as the "My Profile" page and is another location that I wish we could disable editing because it is also NOT the proper place to edit location information.

There is only one correct place to edit location information and that is by submitting one's new Zipcode to the "Edit Profile" page in the "Settings" Control Panel -- so it is best if we don't popularize all the wrong places to go about editing this particular field.

If someone wants to figure out how to extend my location code to work with these other two screens that would be fantastic, but these two screens are a real mess to intercept such edits on because they are not "proper" forms pages so you end up with JavaScript code trying to intercept a DOM rewrite created by yet another piece of JavaScript code that, itself, rewrites the DOM!

It is Ok to use these alternate areas to edit anything *but* location information, but not the location, and if there were a way to lock out editing location areas on these screens it would be great... I'll never know why vBulletin felt the need to have no less than 3 different screens to edit one profile but that was their great wisdom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors