My first (but not last!) gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdoebs

New User
Geoff
Well guys, this is my first gloat on NCWW. Last year my grandmother past away and while cleaning getting her house ready to sell I stumbled across an old Craftsman jack plane. Later on I bought a Worksharp 3000 so I could actually sharpen my chisels. I sharpened the plane and used it and fell in love with hand tools. So after a few trips to eBay, I've picked up 3 Stanley planes: 604 smoother, 605 Bedrock, and a 607 Bedrock joiner. I still need to clean up hte joiner but the other two ROCK! I included some picts of my current project in which I've been using the planes.

IMG_3890.jpg

IMG_3891.jpg

IMG_3892.jpg

IMG_3893.jpg

IMG_3894.jpg

Last edited:

adowden

Amy
Corporate Member
Nice work on your planes and project! You can't beat the noise level of hand tools.

Amy

sawduster

New User
Robert
Nice score :icon_thum I want to learn how to use those one day ....I have a couple courtesy of Andy Barnhardt

gdoebs

New User
Geoff
Nice trio of tools !

Also the Wine Rack? Looks nice as well! All that with the planes?

I wish I did it all with the planes, but most of that is machines which was a pain because a lot of the stock I had was 6'+ to 7" - bigger than my jointer. I have a lot of sticks of cedar! I hand planed one side of 6 boards for the counter tops then shot them through my planer.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice!
Planing cedar is an aromatic joy :icon_thum
Be sure to snatch up a couple of bags of shavings for LOYL. I don't need dust collection when LOML sees me working with cedar :rolf:

Roger

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Geoff,

That is a NICE gloat! The wine rack looks like it's coming along nicely! :icon_thum

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Gloatworthy for sure. :eusa_danc

Nothing like the sound that a sharp plane makes shaving a thousandth from the surface. It's a little addictive. I am still a mere babe in the unbounded world of hand plane collecting. I'm envious of your No 7.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS