My 19 day - 19 hour challenge...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sediener

New User
Steve
So I've decided to build my wife a blanket chest for Christmas. I have 19 days and can probably get 19-20 hours in the shop to do it. I am going to do a similar style to the one on pgs 12-15 in Great Designs from Fine Woodworking Furniture except skipping the through tenons, making a few other minor changes and building it out of maple with QS beech panels.

If I don't make it, at least she's getting an iPhone too. Time to get in the shop.

- Steve

sediener

New User
Steve
So I have about half the lumber rough cut but need a little help from someone in the Garner area with a bandsaw. I have 4 8/4 pieces ( only 4 inches wide) which need to become 8 4/4 pieces.

I'd try it on the tablesaw but just don't feel comfortable doing that.

thanks,
- Steve

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Steve you are more than welcome to come over and use my BS. What's the final thickness you're looking for???

Dave:)

sediener

New User
Steve
Thanks DaveO. The pieces I need resawn will be for the top and bottom rails. I am making all of the frame (legs and rails) from the same slab of wood for grain and color consistency and I want the rails to be bookmatched even though noone would probably ever notice, I think it will be a nice touch. The pieces are from some of Jeff's 8/4 maple so it is probably closer to 2.5" thick. I would like the final thickness to be 3/4" to 7/8" which I think won't be a problem. Let me know when it good for you and I'll swing on over. Thanks again.

- Steve

DaveO

New User
DaveO
The pieces are from some of Jeff's 8/4 maple so it is probably closer to 2.5" thick. I would like the final thickness to be 3/4" to 7/8" which I think won't be a problem. Let me know when it good for you and I'll swing on over. Thanks again.

- Steve

That will be no problem. I would be available any evening after 6:30pm or all day on weekends after 10:00am. This weekend (Thursday-Sunday) would be exceptionally good as my daughter is going to Disney World with her grandparents....I'm childless for a brief moment :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc
You got my number? 422-2760

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Not to nag, but to test out a new smiley..... :)

:worthless:

sediener

New User
Steve
Allright, I'll put together a drawereing and get some pics up of the wood tonight...

- Steve

sediener

New User
Steve
That will be no problem. I would be available any evening after 6:30pm or all day on weekends after 10:00am. This weekend (Thursday-Sunday) would be exceptionally good as my daughter is going to Disney World with her grandparents....I'm childless for a brief moment :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc
You got my number? 422-2760

Thursday evening would be great for me. I'll give you a call Wednesday to doublecheck.

thanks,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS