MWTCA Antique/Traditional Tool Meeting January 20, 2024 in Mebane NC

hobbsed

New User
Ed
MWTCA is for those that use, collect and just love antique/traditional primarily hand woodworking tools! On January 20, 2024, members and guest will gather to swap, buy, sell and fellowship with others that share this interest. (In the past, this annual meeting was held in Graham NC.) In addition, there will be a program of interest. Please contact Jeff Carmean, 303-523-5111 or jncarmean@yahoo.com for additional information. Great opportunity to get what Santa did NOT bring you for Christmas!! You can also visit our national website at mwtca.org to find out more about us. Hope to see you there!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looking forward to it Ed - thank you for the reminder!

Yelverton

Mitch
Corporate Member
Following up on this older thread, I'd like to join next weekend and have reached out to Jeff. I haven't heard back but is there anything I should do as a not current but prospective member?

J_Graham

Graham
Corporate Member
I emailed Jeff and got a pretty quick response. Seems to be fairly open with a small entrance fee. I'm not sure the situation if you were wanting to set up a table.

Yelverton

Mitch
Corporate Member
I emailed Jeff and got a pretty quick response. Seems to be fairly open with a small entrance fee. I'm not sure the situation if you were wanting to set up a table.
Thanks. Yeah I won't be setting up a table. I'm a buyer not a seller. I'm interested in the group and seeing what's on offer. I need a replacement after the closure of Ed's Tool Store.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
You should be fine just showing up. The entry fee is $5. Just tell whoever is at the check-in table that Ed Hobbs made a post here encouraging people to show up

Mebane Arts & Community Center
633 Corregidor St.
Mebane, NC

Saturday, Jan. 20, 2024
8:00am-12:00pm

Last edited:

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
Definitely worth joining if you're into hand tools and woodworking. Cost is only $25/yr. You get invitations/access to all the tool meets. There are typically two of these local to the RDU area each year, with a handful more within a days drive. The print magazine, called the Gristmill, comes out quarterly and is filled with information on hand tools and their history, all articles written by the members.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Need to re-up my membership. Hmmm, do I really need a #3 Bailey? Yea, but my plane till is full!

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yesterday’s MWTCA tool meet was a pleasure. I really enjoyed seeing several folks that braved the cold and shared their knowledge and enthusiasm for human powered tools. It was in a new location that I personally feel will work out for sometime in the future for this organization. There were a few presentations from the membership and Roy Underhill made an appearance and spoke for a few minutes. I thoroughly enjoyed the presentation of what the MWTCA‘s members did for the Thomas Day House. To present and preserve our history is more important today as it has ever been. So Ed thank you for posting the announcement for this event and reminding me of the good work that organizations like these can do for our community.

Dave Mense

New User
Dave
First time attendee. I was very impressed with the variety of antique tools. Definitely an organization that I need to consider joining.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors