Must have on Ral CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Just what I always wanted. A bridge! Good thing he didn't list "Brooklyn" as the origin :)
Does he deliver? :rolf:

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Does he deliver? :rolf:

You guys are killing me! It really IS a nice bridge!

Yes, he has the capability. A couple of years ago I borrowed one of his cranes to offload some 45' containers on my farm.

He's also moved my D8 Cat for me on occasion (and it weighs 45 tons).

Scott

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Scott, why can't you use that as the bridge across your "pond"? It looks like it would be perfect :icon_thum

Dave:)

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Dave, I actually considered it, but decided to pass it up because the design doesn't fit in with my architectural plans.

I AM planning to build a 60' bridge across the upper pond, and have already obtained a structure for the middle 40' portion that will support 100 tons. Constructing it is on the project list for later this year.

The exterior of the bridge will be stone.

Scott

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
You guys are killing me! It really IS a nice bridge!
Scott, I don't doubt it's lovely. But, let's face it, how many people woke up this morning and thought "I feel like buying a bridge today"? Looked out over their yard, steaming mug of coffee in hand, admiring the first signs of Spring, and mused "A bridge would really look good between those magnolia's"? Are making their list of 100 things they want to do before they die, and list "Buying a historical bridge off Craig's List" as #56?

(Travis, put your hand down :slap:)

Having said all that, I do hope he sells it quickly - I wish nice people all the best!

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Scott, I don't doubt it's lovely. But, let's face it, how many people woke up this morning and thought "I feel like buying a bridge today"? Looked out over their yard, steaming mug of coffee in hand, admiring the first signs of Spring, and mused "A bridge would really look good between those magnolia's"? Are making their list of 100 things they want to do before they die, and list "Buying a historical bridge off Craig's List" as #56?

(Travis, put your hand down :slap:)

quote]

Bas, I think that Travis is waiting for Bernard or I to buy one first...

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Glenn - great idea!

Scott - indeed it is a real deal and not a joke. I've actually stood by the bridge and laid hands on it.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Some farmer could use that who needs to cross a creek or wide drainage ditch. I have some buddies in Brunswick county that I think I'll send the link to. They have done that before!

Be great on a golf course!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors