Moving to Western NC...looking for a club near Waynesville.

Deeptree

New User
William
Howdy all! Long time forum member here, just finally getting back to woodworking after a break forced by work.

I will be moving up to the WNC area, around Waynesville. I was looking to see if anyone knew of a group or club in that area. I checked the club links and found one in Asheville and one in Hendersonville. Anyone know of any others?

As an FYI, I am selling all of my big equipment and will be posting it shortly, so that I don't have to move it. My shop won't be built until next March, and I don't want to pay to store it all. All of this stuff is lightly used in my home basement.

• SawStop 5HP 230v/1Ph, 52" ICS
  • Powermatic 209HH 20" Planer
  • Delta 18" drill press 18-900L
  • Hammer A3-41-a 16" jointer with extensions
  • Laguna LT18 18" Italian bandsaw
William

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I am President of the Western NC Woodworkers Association. WNCWA has about 70 members from all over western North Carolina. Our membership consists of novice to professional woodworkers with interests ranging from learning key woodworking fundamentals to cabinet and furniture making, to carving, turning, box making and even more artistic techniques like inlay and marquetry. Our members enjoy monthly meetings, shop visits as well as special classes and events. Many exhibit their work in shows or in print, and contribute to several charitable causes during the year.

Meetings feature an educational program presented by recognized experts, local craft persons, or by one or more of our talented members. Regular meetings are held on the second Saturday of the month, from 9:30 AM to about 12:30 PM, at Trinity View Retirement Community 2533 Hendersonville Road Arden, NC, located less than a mile from the Klingspor's Woodworking Shop in Fletcher.

Often members begin to gather prior to the start of meetings to share refreshments, conversation, woodworking stories and anecdotes. A ten-to-fifteen-minute break for refreshments after the main presentation provides an opportunity for additional fellowship. Toward the end of our meetings we hold a "Show and Tell" session or discuss other woodworking topics. Many meeting feature giveaways for attendees.

Membership is $30.00 per year (individuals or family) and may be renewed each January. Guests are encouraged to attend any meeting to find out more about us. Of course, new memberships are welcome at any time.

PM me your email address and I can put you on our meeting announcement list.

Wiley's Woodworks

Wiley
Corporate Member
Hey William--You're going to be so happy living in our small town in the Smokies. We have a local group of woodworkers who get together for lunch on a regular irregular basis, i.e. we're not real organized and don't want to be. We just get together and talk sawdust. Do a search on this site for Waynesville Woodworkers. Our next lunch is next Wednesday, Mar 1. Get back to me if you can join us, and I will send you more info.

Deeptree

New User
William
Hey guys and thank you so much for the welcome! I look forward to meeting you all. I am going to try and make the March 1 meeting, if I can get out of work in time. I am still living in Charlotte and commuting on the weekends.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Howdy all! Long time forum member here, just finally getting back to woodworking after a break forced by work.

I will be moving up to the WNC area, around Waynesville. I was looking to see if anyone knew of a group or club in that area. I checked the club links and found one in Asheville and one in Hendersonville. Anyone know of any others?

As an FYI, I am selling all of my big equipment and will be posting it shortly, so that I don't have to move it. My shop won't be built until next March, and I don't want to pay to store it all. All of this stuff is lightly used in my home basement.

• SawStop 5HP 230v/1Ph, 52" ICS
  • Powermatic 209HH 20" Planer
  • Delta 18" drill press 18-900L
  • Hammer A3-41-a 16" jointer with extensions
  • Laguna LT18 18" Italian bandsaw
William
As the prices keep going up, and with the potential for trade issues with China ( political) I think paying to store would be a smarter idea. Those are very good tools. A year from now it may cost you double or more to replace.

Wiley's Woodworks

Wiley
Corporate Member
Hey guys and thank you so much for the welcome! I look forward to meeting you all. I am going to try and make the March 1 meeting, if I can get out of work in time. I am still living in Charlotte and commuting on the weekends.
Since you get up here on weekends, let me know when you would like to stop by my shop. Thanks.

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
As the prices keep going up, and with the potential for trade issues with China ( political) I think paying to store would be a smarter idea. Those are very good tools. A year from now it may cost you double or more to replace.
Yes!! No way I'd sell them.

William, you should strongly reconsider!!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors