Motor needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Camp

New User
Mike
Have been looking at them and hoping to find a used one first. Although with a used one you have to say enough is enough and just bite the bullet. Something to think about.....thanks for the reminder.

No problem at all. I completely understand the apprehension of dumping money into a used saw. When I bought my table saw I spent twice as much on the fence as I did on the saw, for the learning experience I still think it was worth it though.

Mike Camp

New User
Mike
Thanks Mike for the link to Grizzley.

G2533 Motor 1 HP Single-Phase 3450 RPM TEFC 110V/220V

It should be here tomorrow. Then to install and see how much of a difference it is from a small universal motor saw to this one. Then to make room.

Now looking to make a sliding sled since it did not come with anything but the factory fence.

Enjoy the new saw. The difference will be night and day between a benchtop screamer and your contractor saw even with a 1HP motor. I've got a 1.5HP on mine and honestly never even tax it because everything I cut is 5/4 or less (normally sheet goods) so if it ever kicks the bucket I'll probably replace it with a 1HP.

Dudelive

New User
Dude
Enjoy the new saw. The difference will be night and day between a benchtop screamer and your contractor saw even with a 1HP motor. I've got a 1.5HP on mine and honestly never even tax it because everything I cut is 5/4 or less (normally sheet goods) so if it ever kicks the bucket I'll probably replace it with a 1HP.

You are exactly right in the difference between the two. Almost scary compared to the "screamer" I was using. I made 1 cut and then decided I needed to go over the saw completely to be sure it was safe to use.

Adjusting the blade to the table was rather tedious. Was not that bad on pine but on hardwood, it was burning the edges. Not completely correct yet but lots better than before.

Thanks to all who gave great advice as not to over do the motor that would cause wiring problems and who knows what else would have happened. For the testing I have been running it on a 15 amp outlet strip with no problems, so a good extension cord no longer than needed should be fine. Now to fine tune all the adjustments. Heck it cuts better than my other saw now, can only imagine what a "new" blade will do.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
For that new blade, check out the Delta 35-7657 from Cripe Distributing. About $30 to your door. It's my "do everything blade."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS