Motor for what kind of machine?????

Lil Jack

New User
Lil Jack
988251EA-9CE5-4ADA-9D36-61FB1DB1BAA3.jpeg
Hey everyone! Great job helping me identify the Felder Hammer eccentric clamp. You were right on the money!!! And it does go with the C3 31!!! Thank you so much. As I mentioned before, I am liquidating a shop for someone close to me who has passed. I am discovering things daily. Today I found this motor and fan blade still in a box. It looked like it had been there for a very long time. It came from a company in Charlotte called Leneave machinery and supply for woodworking. Does anyone know what this motor goes to??? Thank you!!!

Attachments

• 51BF80EB-0290-4C1C-B33D-C13F423414B2.jpeg
    51BF80EB-0290-4C1C-B33D-C13F423414B2.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 123
  • 091C96AC-1965-47F1-90F2-A0EB35B6B049.jpeg
    091C96AC-1965-47F1-90F2-A0EB35B6B049.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 130
  • F7250519-BCBD-41F6-9928-EFF72599448D.jpeg
    F7250519-BCBD-41F6-9928-EFF72599448D.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 114

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
3 HP, 3600 RPM. One of several "standard" mounting plates. Sealed, so good for dusty stuff. Shaft size and length would be the considerations, but about any machine. Probably a TS, or Jointer. DPs usually are not that big. BS usually end mounts.

Lil Jack

New User
Lil Jack
Thank you so much!!!!!So much I don’t know about, but I’m learning. Wish I could have learned this stuff a long time ago???thanks again!

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Its not likely to be sealed and even more likely to have a metric dimension base.
Leneave was a standard woodworking machinery seller back in the day selling a lot of Taiwan-made machinery.
If that shaft is tapered like it looks, it is likely a specifically made dust collector motor. The taper will fit the impeller or other purpose bored attachment.
If the rotor was pulled and the shaft turned and grooved for an American standard shaft size, it could be a useful motor for any tool using a high speed two-pole motor

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I think the tapered shaft is for that cooling fan sitting next to it and to me a cooling fan would indicate a totally enclosed motor. TEFC = totally enclosed fan cooled.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
I think the tapered shaft is for that cooling fan sitting next to it and to me a cooling fan would indicate a totally enclosed motor. TEFC = totally enclosed fan cooled.
That was my thought at first, but look at the bottom of the picture. It looks like the fan goes there. Easy enough to check.
You can look online for standard motor mounting plates and see if it fits. Probably worth measuring the shaft to see if it is Imperial or metric.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
They made motors in the 80-90's. There were seen on a lot of the early tool/machine imports from Taiwan. Now they only make large infrastructure elec components like transformers , rectifiers and alike. My guess it would be for a large fan or water pump where an impeller was attached to the shaft. I think this as it is a tapered shaft and most tools like a table saw or B.S. would use a straight shaft.

Based on the Plate it is a 3 hp/single phase 220 v motor. THe striking thing about this motor is the low efficiency rating (eff) @ 65% it is only delivering 2hp+/- of actual work force. e.g. 3hp x .65 =1.95hp
My saw motor on my saw is 85% for perspective. Most HVAC motors are 85-90% on the machines we install per the required spec.
In simplistic terms, you are essentially burning 3 hp demand of electricity (17 amps +/-) but only utilizing roughly 12 amps of energy converted to work.

Last edited:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
The fan shown clamps on to the bottom end of the rotor. There is a cover that goes over it. I agree, it most likely came from a dust collector.

Lil Jack

New User
Lil Jack
Thank you so much!!! That’s good to know. I’m sure that dust collector was gone a long time ago!!! I just sold the Oneida but it was pretty new! Thank you so much!!!

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
I believe Leneave is still around.
View attachment 204156Hey everyone! Great job helping me identify the Felder Hammer eccentric clamp. You were right on the money!!! And it does go with the C3 31!!! Thank you so much. As I mentioned before, I am liquidating a shop for someone close to me who has passed. I am discovering things daily. Today I found this motor and fan blade still in a box. It looked like it had been there for a very long time. It came from a company in Charlotte called Leneave machinery and supply for woodworking. Does anyone know what this motor goes to??? Thank you!!!
Give them a ring

Lil Jack

New User
Lil Jack
Thanks! I think I’ll do that on Tuesday when they are open!!! And I found the cover to it today!!!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS