More notable woodworkers in our membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I was at Woodcraft the other day killing time before an appointment and I picked up the latest issue of Woodcraft magazine to see Woodguy's chair and to skim the articles. Well, at the end of the issue I saw an article written by one of our members. He is a excellent box maker, and all around woodworker, plus now a published writer. Big Mike, I know I said I wouldn't tell, but I actually had to discover the article myself. I was looking for a picture of your work, not you writing. I found the article very funny as I had just had a run in with a bird in my shop. No Poke Berry poo bombs on my project, but the little bastard did drop one on the table saw. I have cats who are very accomplished catchers, but not always killers and they brought it in. Congratulations Big Mike:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Dave:)

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Thanks Dave. I am not sure about the notable part but I do appreciate you reading my little funny story. I have made a habit out of turning real life incidents into funny stories for family and friends. My way of turning lemons into lemonade. Happy to hear you got a laugh.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
I just read the "Poke Berry" article the other morning and thought I recognized Mike's last name but I didn't get a chance to confirm it. Thanks for confirming it Dave. Great job on writing the article Big Mike, I really enjoyed reading it. I must admit it was a hilarious situation even it didn't seem that way to you at the time. During the building of my shop I had a bird that got inside for a day also, fortunately I didn't have any major hits on any tools but the floor sure was a mess. I guess that flying stuff must be pretty scaring........I mean after all, look how much crap it can scare out of those little birds.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors